Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi guys, I have a question for you, can stress from moving cause a dog to shed more. Dozer and Blossom, but more so Dozer is shedding a lot, he has handfuls in his crate, and his fur is dropping on the floor and on the couch. He has never shredded like this before. Is this from stress?, or is it just the time of the year, is it allergy related, he has been licking his paws a little, or is it something else? Should I be worried? He doesn't have any bald spots, or redness or itching on his body, and I checked his body, he has no sores or bumps either. I'm going to bath him tomorrow, and rinse him with apple cider vinegar, and then brush him to remove any loose hair, and see if this helps. Has anyone else experienced this with their bullies? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Monica, after your account of your move, I'm betting all animals
and each of the humans will continue shedding hair. The next pic
you post will be of y'all BALD in front of your magnificent Christmas
tree!

It's just stress, Hun...you know how anal these bullies are with change
of any kind. It'll grow back and soon their NEW home will be the OLD home :)
How are you liking it?

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Carol, lol. That would be a hilarious sight, Santa would have to bring us all wigs for Christmas. Lol. well we've been here 2 weeks now, and after our stressful move with the truck breaking down twice, and my son not coping well with the stress and his bi polar, he also got the stomach flu the weekend of our move, and then it developed into pneumonia, so he wasn't able to help his dad much with the move. Thank goodness he has some great friends who came and helped him with the heavy lifting. We are slowly getting unpacked, and have most of the upper level set up, and looking like home. We can function with bedrooms sets up, bathrooms, and the kitchen. The old owners had the house professionally cleaned before they left by their cleaning lady, so the house was spotless. Even the fridge and stove were cleaned, so that was a big help, and very much appreciated. I'm not going to put up my Christmas tree this year, too much work, and we won't be home, the whole family is getting together at my sisters house for dinner and present opening this year, so I don't think I'll go through all the work of unpacking the tree and all the decorations, at this late date, as it is almost the end of December already, and it won't be up that long. My son has the entire basement quarters to himself, it's beautiful down there, he has a bedroom, bathroom, and living room area, and a beautiful glass bar built in under the staircase, and there is a huge finished laundry room area with tons of storage space. His bedroom and bathroom is set up, but he hasn't unpacked much due to having pneumonia, but he is starting to feel better, he just has a horrible cough, which keeps him up at night, so once he's recovered more, he'll start to unpack his stuff and set up his space. It's starting to feel like home now, and we are glad that we were able to find a place in such a short time, and able to buy it so we don't have to worry about not being able to keep Bulldozer and Blossom. Last night someone smashed in the back of our truck window, and so we have to get that fixed now, I don't want to beleive it's our neighbours son, but someone in the complex said she complains about everything and everyone, and when we first moved in, she complained about us parking in the visitors parking while we unloaded our moving truck, we explained to her that it was temporary until we unloaded, as we were just moving in, but she was so nasty. She and her son just give us dirty looks when they see us, and we were told she doesn't like dogs either. Well we had a huge snow storm here in the weekend, so we were told to park in visitors so the snow plows could come in and clear all our driveways. My hubby took my son to the drug store to fill a prescription at around 9:00 pm, and he didn't go back out until 11:00 pm, when he took the dogs out for their final potty break before going to bed. When he got outside, he walked past the truck, and noticed broken glass all over the snow, and then realized someone had smashed out the back window of the hatch. Our other neighbour asked my hubby if he thought it might be the neighbour, as she is a big pain and complains about everyone. We can't accuse them of anything, but it just seemed strange for the other neighbour to make that comment when he doesn't even know us. It makes me wonder, there were two other cars beside us, and our car was the only one smashed. Plus we asked if this is ever happened in the neighbourhood before, and he said that he's never seen this happen. He's an older man, and has lived here for over 15 years. We live in a great town, and our complex is very quiet, and there are a lot of retired people here and many young families, so I don't think it's a problem with the neighbourhood. It's just a pain because we have a $500 deductible on our insurance, and the new window is going to cost $250 so it's not worth going through insurance, we will pay out of pocket, it just sucks as its just before Christmas, and hubby's work is closing down for 3 weeks on December 20th, as he works outside and they have a layoff for this time, so he won't be getting paid. It just pisses me off that people can be so nasty, and destructive and do this to people. If they had a problem with us parking in visitors, they could have called the condominium manager and reported us, and they would have told her that we had permission to park there for the weekend, or they could have put a note on our car, and we would have explained it, it wasn't necessary to smash out our window.

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
GRRRRR...I will fly in over there, Monica, and we'll rope a dope that old heifer
and when she falls we'll drag her sorry, mean a$$ on the front yard and hog tie
her, drag her around so Blossom & Bulldozer snack on her butt awhile then tar
and feather her and take her out on a rail from the neighborhood.

Then we'll go pubbing...yeah, Baby!

I'm not putting up a Christmas tree either and your house IS your Christmas tree
this year! Very glad your Son is recovering, so scary...I've had pneumonia, YUCKY!
Truly, Honey...what an ordeal for all of you, I'm so sorry...I don't know why bad
things happen to good people but I'd say you've had more than your share of bad
so hopefully, it'll move on, just move it on down the line :)

You are a wonderful woman, Monica...do not let this discourage you (as I know it
hasn't...you are too strong for that) but it certainly sucks.
:cursing:

If it keeps up, call me and I'll bring my secret weapon,
​@Pati Robins

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh Monica I'm so sorry about your move… we moved into this house at Christmas and I was ready to lose my mind!!! [MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION]
I'm so cracking up… sounds like a great plan!!! :guns:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey Monica.... yes, stress of the move and all the unpacking will casue some additional shedding -- the pups will be fine in a couple weeks.

As for the neighbors... I am ith Carol, get the rope, tar and feathers ready

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh Monica I'm so sorry about your move… we moved into this house at Christmas and I was ready to lose my mind!!! @Texas Carol
I'm so cracking up… sounds like a great plan!!! :guns:

Thank god, Pati is on OUR side! ​@Pati Robins

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
GRRRRR...I will fly in over there, Monica, and we'll rope a dope that old heifer
and when she falls we'll drag her sorry, mean a$$ on the front yard and hog tie
her, drag her around so Blossom & Bulldozer snack on her butt awhile then tar
and feather her and take her out on a rail from the neighborhood.

Then we'll go pubbing...yeah, Baby!

I'll join in!

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Christine, I have serious Indian blood on both sides of family~not basket weaving,
jewelry making, fishermen or sheep herders but face painting & war partyers!

Guess it's time for us girls to have a weekend away, ummm?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
The shedding can be caused by stress. Not just Bulldogs-but all dogs. Carol is on a roll today, and I am right behind her!(in case someone comes after us all....) Keep your eye on that neighbor. Just sayin......there's always one rotten apple in a good barrel! Oh boy, I have moving stories that can top yours!!

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I love your plan Carol, only Dozey and Blossom would lick her to death. Lol. Thanks for your words, and prayers as always, you make me feel so much better.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Christine, I have serious Indian blood on both sides of family~not basket weaving,
jewelry making, fishermen or sheep herders but face painting & war partyers!

Guess it's time for us girls to have a weekend away, ummm?

Oo... me too, Lenape tribe.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.