Help Needed! Now tink has a lump

jsgirl

Dec 5, 2013
zanesville ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tink
So now on top of the demodectic mange I found a lump about the size of a dime on her right back by her hip. It doesn't seem to bother her and it's soft u can grab it and move it. I was wondering could this have something to do with her being on antibiotics and allergy pills? I have spend so much money already on this little girl. I feel so bad for her the other people didn't care about her that's why we rescued her from them. Any thoughts what it could be and why it popped up all of a sudden?

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
Can you post a pic of it? (welcome from another Ohio member)

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
I am sorry. I thought it was a raised bump.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It could just be a fat pocket. Watch it for a few days or so, if it doesn't get any bigger, I wouldn't worry about it.

OP
jsgirl

jsgirl

Dec 5, 2013
zanesville ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tink
It could just be a fat pocket. Watch it for a few days or so, if it doesn't get any bigger, I wouldn't worry about it.
I'm keeping a close eye on it. I hope it's nothing. It feels like my rotties fatty pocket she's got. We plan on getting tink fixed and she has a umbilical hernia as well that we are going to get taken care of as soon as we get this stupid mange gone. It's a never ending battle with her and she's only 4 months old. I feel so bad for her.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
you did a great thing by giving her a home where she is loved and taken care of. Im sorry you are battling her neglect. It will get better and you will have a little love bucket on your hands. Good luck.

OP
jsgirl

jsgirl

Dec 5, 2013
zanesville ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tink
you did a great thing by giving her a home where she is loved and taken care of. Im sorry you are battling her neglect. It will get better and you will have a little love bucket on your hands. Good luck.
thank you!!! She is a huge love bug. She loves cuddling and kisses. For all she's going through she's a very happy puppy. We will do what we can to help her.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
If it is soft, and moveable-it could be a fatty tumor, or a cyst. Neither one is real serious.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
If it stays the same in size-show your vet next time you go.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, and Thank you for giving this little cutie a better life. You have already gotten great advice from above members, and I would just keep an eye on it, and mention it to the vet the next time you take her in. It's more than likely a fat deposit, or a cyst, and nothing to worry about, and it could also be allergy related as well. Other causes of lumps in dogs are warts or an infected hair follicle. the only sure way to determine the exact cause of a lump is to do a soft tissue needle biopsy of the lump, where they take a sample of the liquid in the lump, and look at it under a microscope to see what type it is. Sending love, hugs and prayers that it's nothing serious, and she gets relief soon from her skin problems. Please keep us posted on how she's doing.

Last edited:
OP
jsgirl

jsgirl

Dec 5, 2013
zanesville ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tink
Hi, and Thank you for giving this little cutie a better life. You have already gotten great advice from above members, and I would just keep an eye on it, and mention it to the vet the next time you take her in. It's more than likely a fat deposit, or a cyst, and nothing to worry about, and it could also be allergy related as well. Other causes of lumps in dogs are warts or an infected hair follicle. the only sure way to determine the exact cause of a lump is to do a soft tissue needle biopsy of the lump, where they take a sample of the liquid in the lump, and look at it under a microscope to see what type it is. Sending love, hugs and prayers that it's nothing serious, and she gets relief soon from her skin problems. Please keep us posted on how she's doing.
thanks all. I'm going to keep a close eye on it I noticed that she was trying to bite it earlier so I'm thinking I'm probably going to have to take her to the vet. It doesn't seem to be growing but it's hard to tell cause a certain way she lays it looks bigger then she moves a different way u can't see it. Idk I'm torn as to what to do. But like I said she running around eating drinking and going potty. I just hate it lol. If you can't tell my dogs are my kids since I can't have any human ones. Thanks for all the help and advice.

OP
jsgirl

jsgirl

Dec 5, 2013
zanesville ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tink
Well since I'm a worry wart she's going to the vet tomorrow. It looks as if it's gotten bigger. So I'll let everyone know tomorrow what we find out. I hope they don't have to do surgery with her still having mange.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online