Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
I found this simple yet informative article on Dogster ,hope some of you might find it interesting

a5yru4e7.jpg

Poinsettia: This red-leafed plant doesn't actually live up to all the hype -- it's actually only mildly toxic. However, even mild toxicity can be fatal when combined with other conditions. Better safe than sorry.
Mistletoe: While the mistletoe may be a symbol of merry-making, it's toxic if swallowed -- but not as toxic as once believed. Again -- better safe than sorry!
Holly: Holly berries may be the most attractive to dogs, but the leaves, bark, and seeds are just as poisonous. The effect of holly on dogs is similar to that of caffeine and chocolate.
Amaryllis: Less common than the other plants on this list, amaryllis causes abdominal pain and convulsions, so keep an eye out for it!
Pine needles: Probably the least of your concerns here, pine needles may cause harm if swallowed, puncturing intestines or stomach lining. The tree oils might irritate mucous membranes, but just keeping your tree area tidy should prevent any problems.
Signs of poisoning may be:

Abdominal pain
Coma
Convulsions
Diarrhea
Drooling
Irregular heartbeat
Labored breathing
Lethargy
Swollen limbs
Vomiting
If you suspect your dog may have been poisoned, please seek immediate medical attention.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Thanks for posting this Pati…
I don't have these in my home because of allergies, but it's great to at least be aware of the dangers!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Great info! Thank you for sharing!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
thank you Pati... I knew about Poinsettia but not the others!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.