Winston's surgery is scheduled for Wed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Just got back from another eye checkup for Winston…

His bottom lids keep rolling inward, and are causing irritation which then leads to another eye ulcer. His doctor wants to do the surgery on Wed the 18th, because she will be unable to do it until after the holidays in Jan. My hubby doesn't get home till the 20th, but he told me to go ahead and schedule it.

I was asking a MILLION questions, and finally she asked me if I was worried about the surgery… I told her that NO I was worried about the anesthesia. She told me that they do bullies all the time, but she said that if for ANY reason she was concerned about his breathing while he was under she would STOP the surgery all together. She listened to his heart and told me that she didn't find any heart murmurs, then I told her about my concerns regarding megaesopahgus. She told me that she seriously doubt he has that because he seems to be very healthy looking bulldog. She told me to have a chest x-ray done at the vets to calm any fears I have about his esophagus. I explained to her what has happened to us this year :*( I really couldn't handle any more drama...

I can't let him suffer serious eye damage because I'm nervous about him having surgery… that would be very selfish of me. Dear GOD I can't wait for this year to be OVER!!!

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Hun you need to think positive ! I know is very scary putting them under my vet said to me that they treat bullies like humans while they are under-it doesn't make much sense to me but i believe it might be slightly different way
Lily so far been 3 times under (she might go once more if those bloody stitches wont dissolve!)
Your baby got checked and that is very important so please try not to worry sick(that is coming from a person who's worried all the time) xx he needs this operation hun and he will be ok xxx sending you big hugs hun xxxxxxx

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Tracey I understand your worry I too would be the same, but we can not do what we have to if they need it and are healthy enough to have it. I will :pray: all goes well next Wednesday and I will be thinking of you and Winston. :hug2:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Breathe Tracey.... these are all valid concerns and worries, but do not get yourself in such a state that it impacts your health! You have your EBN fmaily supporting you and praying along with you to keep him safe.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I understand how nervous you are and nothing is going to make you feel better until your baby is home safe and sound with you. I know he will be ok. Brutus and I are sending hugs and prayers. Where the Heck is [MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION] ? there is so much going on here and we need her to calm us all down. I'm going to find her!!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I understand how nervous you are and nothing is going to make you feel better until your baby is home safe and sound with you. I know he will be ok. Brutus and I are sending hugs and prayers. Where the Heck is @Texas Carol ? there is so much going on here and we need her to calm us all down. I'm going to find her!!

AMEN to that we need some serious praying!!! Kevin is sitting in surgery w/Baxter… we need some reinforcements!!! LOL

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
[MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION] asked me to fill in for her until she arrives:
Tracey we all love you hun and your family here will get you through this. Praying you feel GOD's comforting love for you and
absolutely will keep your beloved Winston in prayer that all will be well.
I know you will worry but try to turn it over to GOD and rest in Him.
GOD bless!

I know it's not the real thing but you know she'd say something cool like this!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
@Texas Carol asked me to fill in for her until she arrives:
Tracey we all love you hun and your family here will get you through this. Praying you feel GOD's comforting love for you and
GOD bless!

Awesome job!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION] asked me to fill in for her until she arrives:
GOD bless!

Jim you did a fantastic fill-in job for Carol... She would be so proud of you!!! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
@Texas Carol asked me to fill in for her until she arrives:
GOD bless!

Right proud of you, Jim...EXACTLY what I would say...and TRUE.

Tracey, Honey...Winston needs this surgery, it is really not a vanity surgery, y'all
can't continue living this way. Your Vet being able to get him in to do this, so soon
and before Christmas, is GOD working on his (and your behalf). It's difficult but
let go and let GOD...hard but yet, simple...just do it! GOD has your back, Tracey,
HE has plans for you (and yours) plans to prosper you and NOT to harm you.

"GOD hath dealt to every man the measure of faith." Romans 12:3

So there you go, Honey...your faith (in all circumstances) is already in you,
placed there by the Holy Spirit. Call it forth and rest in GOD's peace that
passes all understanding, HE will not fail you.

EBN is praying with you and for you and Winston. Sending you strength,
courage & faith and continuing to pray for all~Carol

@ddnene [MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] @Ftse100 [MENTION=9105]Pati Robins[/MENTION]

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Right proud of you, Jim...EXACTLY what I would say...and TRUE.

Tracey, Honey...Winston needs this surgery, it is really not a vanity surgery, y'all
can't continue living this way. Your Vet being able to get him in to do this, so soon
and before Christmas, is GOD working on his (and your behalf). It's difficult but
let go and let GOD...hard but yet, simple...just do it! GOD has your back, Tracey,
HE has plans for you (and yours) plans to prosper you and NOT to harm you.

"GOD hath dealt to every man the measure of faith." Romans 12:3

So there you go, Honey...your faith (in all circumstances) is already in you,
placed there by the Holy Spirit. Call it forth and rest in GOD's peace that
passes all understanding, HE will not fail you.

EBN is praying with you and for you and Winston. Sending you strength,
courage & faith and continuing to pray for all~Carol

@ddnene @brutus77 @2BullyMama @Ftse100 @Pati Robins

I'm so glad to see you on here Carol!!! We so missed you last night, but your spirit is always w/us NO matter what drama is playing out… plus we always have Jim [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION] and honestly he did a pretty good job sending prayers out last night!!! LOL I'm gonna let go and let GOD!!! I just WISH that God would see my plate runneth over right now… LMAO!!!

We LOVE you here Carol, and would be totally lost without you!!! XOXO :angelheart:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Just remember he is going to feel so much better once this is over with. We will all be with you for support and prayers, and he's going to feel like a new bully! Hugs and much love! :grouphug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston's got all of our prayers and thoughts with him. There's so many angels flying around that little guy that it will all be ok.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Try to relax. I know it's easier said than done, having had my boys "under" a couple of times. But every time everything went great and I worried for nothing. Speedy recovery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.