Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Are there any updates on Baxter today? I hope he is recovering well.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Just reading this entire thread now and OMG is all I can say - our instincts kick in and can not be surpressed - so glad you kept asking, showing photos and just didn't take the vets explanation as the final word. Thank goodness this turned out the way it do, blessings to you all!

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
So glad to hear Baxter is ok. Such a scary thing to deal with. These little stinkers sure need to be watched 24/7. I personally don't do dog parks because I worry about doggie germs.

OP
B

Baxter Tiberius

So i wasn't able to see him for a few days, but the surgeon called me every morning to give me updates on his status.

For whatever reason, they wanted to keep him over the weekend. On Sunday I was allowed to come see him. Im sure he figured I had abandoned him by that point.

So when he saw me ... he was overwhelmingly excited. :)

You might want to make this full screen because its skinny, vertical.

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Kevin I saw Baxter's picture on IG of his shaved belly and rushed to EBN to see what happened. I am soo sorry you had to go through that hell but thankful that people here were able to point you in the right direction and get sweet Baxter on the road to recovery. Lots of hugs and love to that sweet boy and I agree with you he is just to precious for dog parks and day care.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So i wasn't able to see him for a few days, but the surgeon called me every morning to give me updates on his status.

For whatever reason, they wanted to keep him over the weekend. On Sunday I was allowed to come see him. Im sure he figured I had abandoned him by that point.

So when he saw me ... he was overwhelmingly excited. :)

You might want to make this full screen because its skinny, vertical.

fantastic.... So happy he is doing so well and happy to see Daddy! Thanks for the video.... Big hugs to you both

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
So HAPPY to see that cute little mug and hear those sweet snorts of happiness!!! Sending love to sweet Baxter and Hugs out to Daddy for listening to your instincts and insisting something was wrong!!! Great Job Dad!!

sent from my Droid RAZR with love!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
[MENTION=9462]Baxter Tiberius[/MENTION]

I have been checking on here to see how Baxter was doing… I'm so glad to see that he's doing great!!! Hopefully he will come home soon, and keep us posted ;) Hugs to you guys...

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Fantastic!! So glad he's doing well, and from the video, you'd never guess what he just went through.

Baxter reminds me of Blue and holds a special place in my heart.

Give your boy lots of hugs and kisses from me and Blue.

P.S. Love your Converse. (I have sooo many pairs in various colors that my hubs actually "forbade" me to buy anymore..lol)

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
How that makes my heart melt. It's amazing how much love they give even when they are feeling a bit under the weather. Glad to see that Baxter is on the mend and wagging his little nubby.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Don't know how I missed this. I have been thinking about Baxter, and you-wondering how things were going. Very happy to see that he is feeling so well! Such a big difference in his demeanor already! He was happy to see his Daddy, too, which is a very good sign of how good he is feeling! Such a relief. God Bless you and Baxter(and the vet who did the surgery!)

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
So glad to hear that Baxter is doing so much better! What a scary situation. That video of him is so cute, so wiggly and happy.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Omg! Can I be Baxters God mommy? I just wanna snuggle him!!

No [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION], this was sent from my Droid Razr, not an iPhone... using Tapatalk 4.