Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Vomiting for 2 days...

Just read this whole thread as I missed it from the beginning... what a journey, so glad for the happy ending, I was scared scrolling to the next update. It's so great how you explain everything, now I know exactly what to look for if this should happen to me. I'm so relieved for you and Baxter, big hugs to you both
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

I just read this thread and I'm so glad it has a happy ending. It is truly amazing that EBN can give an accurate diagnose without even seeing the patient, without testing or touching, for free. I unfortunately have lost faith on vets from my own experience and yours all. It's very disturbing when your loved one is sick. Seems like more times they're wrong than right. Speedy and full recovery!

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

I literally thank God...Thank You, GOD!...for saving Baxter's life and for EBN
    being so knowledgeable, for speaking their minds i. e. get him to the vet NOW!
    And for you, Kevin...you knew something was wrong with your baby and you
    kept looking to solve it. We all know how hard to look into their 'know it all' faces,
    dismissing our concerns as just another idiot owner, overwrought & ignorant and
    sending us home...still to worry!

I'd like to bit*h slap that vet all over her clinic.

Kudos to you for continuing to look for answers and thank GOD for Baxter's life <3

I love you guys & gals here, bless each of you for caring so much about these bullies.
    I am so very proud to be in this group and grateful to be included as part of this family.
    GOD bless us all!!!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@Baxter Tiberius

I woke up and came right here to see how you and Baxter made out...... I am so, so happy to see all is OK. Bug @$$ hugs to you both!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Kevin... This is the first post I checked this morning and I am so glad that they found the obstruction and that Baxter is going to be ok.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)

I'm so happy Baxter is ok!!!! Sending lots of healing prayers to you both.

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Thank God Baxter is on the road to recovery. This made my weekend. I think the the most important lesson here is follow your gut. It is never wrong. EBN is truly a wonderful site with very knowledgeable people. I count myself extremely lucky I found them.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter Tiberius View Post
    @Libra926 -

Just caught your post. Ill be honest. i am done with the whole scene. I am not bringing baxter to dog parks anymore. They are disgusting, and filled with so many diseases. Owners don't pick up poop. He just ends up getting fleas, ticks, or kennel cough. Im not bringing him to doggy daycare anymore. They feed him grain-based treats, and let larger dogs "tumble" him (resulting in his dislocated leg), and you're right - I am betting he got that object in his mouth from there. Because I watch him like a hawk usually. Every time I have brought baxter around large quantities of other dogs, he has left the situation sick as hell, and I am tired of it. He has been on four courses of antibiotics, had kennel cough for something like 16 weeks. Four ticks pulled off him. Two bouts of fleas ... and endless other random problems. *every* one of them was after taking him to a heavily dog-trafficked place. When he's with me, in my apartment, and at parks/beaches that have zero dogs - he stays healthy. No fleas. No sudden infections. No unexpected health issues. Or when he's with family friends animals whom I know are vaccinated, healthy, and clean. So that is going to be his life from now on. Im sick of other people making my dog sick. Plain and simple.

As for the vet .... I want to line up every doctor I have ever had and give them an earful, but I have to restrain myself.
    There is absolutely no excuse why a bunch of "lay people" (us) are CONSISTENTLY able to diagnose things better than they can.
    You would be blown away at my track record of diagnosis on my own health issues with a complete fail on the part of numerous doctors.
    Self diagnosed and self treated. Ultimately self cured. They hate Google. Google is the greatest thing public health has ever seen.

What I will do, is write a quick note that looks something like this, and send it to her:

* Sudden violent/extreme vomiting
    * Excessive Salivation
    * Lethargy, dehydration, loss of appetite
    * Inability to defecate <---------------- key!
    * Large amounts of mucous exiting anus
    * Normal upper GI tract, utterly messed up lower GI tract <---- key!
    * Elevated Liver Enzymes
    * Negative Parasite/Giardia/Heartworm
    * Normal Temperature
    * Clear X Rays, Clear Ultrasound <--- means nothing! object was soft spongy rubber. Undetectable!

Diagnosis: POSSIBLE INTESTINAL OBSTRUCTION - urgent attention necessary.

That's speaking her language. She will hopefully internalize the list of symptoms, and remember the possible diagnosis, and save another puppy's life.

Kevin
    I completely agree w/you Kevin…

I stopped taking my dogs to the dog parks because every single time my bully Bella would get attacked, defend herself (or try to "protect" me), and the whole time this drama is playing out the other owner is sitting there doing NOTHING!!! I can't tell you how many times I had to go up to someone to tell them what "their" dog was doing.

Don't even get me started w/the vets… Our vet made a fatal decision (that I allowed him to do) that resulted in the death of our precious Bella. I made the mistake of NOT researching about it myself, and I have to live w/that… BUT here is the part that makes me so damn angry. I should NOT have to google what is wrong w/my dogs!!! Vets are supposed to be the smart ones, and sadly I have discovered that many of them only care about making money…. SURGERY, SURGERY, SURGERY… more DRUGS!!!

Kevin I hate to think what would of happened to Baxter if you would have listened to your vet…
    How many dogs have lost their lives because the vets office didn't suspect an obstruction...

I'm just so very thankful that Baxter is okay, and maybe if you tell your story to others this could save the lives of other dogs…
    Last edited by ddnene; 12-13-2013 at 08:09 AM.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

This was the last post I looked at last night and the first I looked at this morning. What can I say that hasn't all ready been said other than you know your baby better than anyone else and you KNOW when something isn't right. Y'all are right WE shouldn't have to Google what is wrong with our babies that's why we pay vets outrageous prices. I feel like we pay them for their supposition versus fact.

sent from my Droid RAZR with love!

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Real Name
    Samantha
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    June
    Likes (Received)

SOOO happy to hear everything is ok with baby Baxter!! This is so scary and i'm so glad this came out a happy ending for you Kevin!

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Kevin,
    I thank GOD that Baxter is alive-and on the road to recovery! I am thankful for EBN, and that you did not take your vet's advice. She does need to receive the letter re: symptoms, from you as she must not have had experience with this. I can not express in words how absolutely excited I am that Baxter is still here and you have your BOY!!! I am just so happy! I have been thinking of you and Baxter all night and this was my first chance to find out! BIG HUGS to you and Baxter! So glad you didn't give in to your vet.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Oh my goodness, Kevin! That's a pretty big piece of rubber that Baxter ingested. I'm so happy to hear the surgeons got it out and that Baxter is on the road to recovery. You and Baxter have been thru so much and I just pray for a speedy recovery!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Remove Ads