Help Needed! Help with turned out front foot (dog I am looking at taking over ownership)

Myrddin

Dec 10, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Hi guys, I am reaching out because I am worried about a dog I am thinking of taking in. She seem to have a foot turned outward and I am concerned that it will cause her problems... But I don't know. Can you tell me if this looks like it will heal or right it's self as she gets older? She is about 8 months now. Any help would be good... I don't want to take her in a become heartbroken and wallet broken if I can avoid it.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It looks broken.... how does she do walking?

My sister has a Pug with missing bones and he does fine, just always has a limp and is now 6 yrs old.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I agree with [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] it looks like a missing joint or broken, but I am sure it is not something that will fix itself. It's likely either an injury or growth defect.

Whether it will cause heartache and break you wallet, only an orthopedic vet will be able to tell you that. It looks like she is running in the outside picture so it may be something she can easily live with.

Thank you for thinking about giving her a chance. Do the current owners have any knowledge about what is going on with her foot?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I agree, it looks like it was either broken at one time or a birth defect. I would let a vet look at it. If she is not having problems yet, then she may never have a problem. She is a beauty though and bless you for wanting to take her in. She looks like a total sweetheart.

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Hi guys, I am reaching out because I am worried about a dog I am thinking of taking in. She seem to have a foot turned outward and I am concerned that it will cause her problems... But I don't know. Can you tell me if this looks like it will heal or right it's self as she gets older? She is about 8 months now. Any help would be good... I don't want to take her in a become heartbroken and wallet broken if I can avoid it.

View attachment 62059View attachment 62061View attachment 62062View attachment 62063

Macks was the same way.. I just changed his food to Nutro Natural Lamb and brown rice dog food.. It got better after a while.

OP
M

Myrddin

Dec 10, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Thanks folks... kind of you to offer up the info... Sadly the Owner decided not to allow me to take her over... my search continues...

take care

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.