Cassie is "Huffing"

flutrbyny

Sep 19, 2012
Laconia, New Hampshire, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cassiopeia and Fernando
Good morning. My Cassie is going to be 5 on Christmas Day and has started "huffing". It's not really a cough...more like she's trying to get something out of her throat. She did have a couple of "reverse sneezes" (brachiocephelic episodes) for the past two days. The house is very dry from the pellet stove, and we finally bought a humidifier yesterday and the humidity is slowly rising. She's eating, drinking and going to the bathroom normally. She's active and happy. I just called the vet and am taking her there tomorrow just to make sure everything is ok. Has anyone experienced this before and if so, how is it treated? Anything I can give her as a home remedy til she sees the vet tomorrow? Thank you for any help!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Try giving her a squirt of lemon juice. It will break up the mucous, if that is the problem.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
agree with Lynn... try a squirt of lemon jucie to see if it helps. Please let us know how she is doing after the vet appointment.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It could be from the dry air, I hope the humidifier helps her.

Most Reactions