Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Luxating patella is very common in Pomeranians. I had a Pom, who had this. Sometimes, if you are behind them, you can actually see the leg look a little bit like it will bend sideways at times. There is a product by Kaufmann's called Fortitude Canine Joint. You add it to their food. Check it out on the web. Of course my Pom was not heavy like a bullie, but she was fine all her life-never having surgery. Sometimes as she got older and would run, she would hold that leg up, as she rain, but it never caused pain for her, and other than supplement, she never had to take any other meds. She lived to be 15. Hope this helps, and best of health to you and your Bo.
You can read the description on the website about the supplement, or call the 800# ask for Tom. I have bought from them for years! They are very helpful.

Last edited:
OP
Bo'sMamaGirl

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
Luxating patella is very common in Pomeranians. I had a Pom, who had this. Sometimes, if you are behind them, you can actually see the leg look a little bit like it will bend sideways at times. There is a product by Kaufmann's called Fortitude Canine Joint. You add it to their food. Check it out on the web. Of course my Pom was not heavy like a bullie, but she was fine all her life-never having surgery. Sometimes as she got older and would run, she would hold that leg up, as she rain, but it never caused pain for her, and other than supplement, she never had to take any other meds. She lived to be 15. Hope this helps, and best of health to you and your Bo.
You can read the description on the website about the supplement, or call the 800# ask for Tom. I have bought from them for years! They are very helpful.

Thanks for the info! The vet said specifically poms, like you mentioned, about your baby.. Being prone to this condition. She also said she doesn't believe it's painful either at this point. I hope not. He's been able to take the derramax and is tolerating it.. Unlike the carprofen and I'm so thankful!!! Trying to get him to rest and not jump up on couch/ bed is trying, but I'm sticking to it!! He seems to be limping less already!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
You are welcome-it's hard to keep them from doing things that they WANT to do! You may have to sell the couch! Hope he does well!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.