Any Tips on Tube Feeding Puppies??

Jefferson bulldogs

Feb 7, 2010
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
IZA Diva & Lots 'O Dots
I was wondering if anyone has any tips on tube feeding puppies...

Attachments

• photo-35.jpg
    photo-35.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 141

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
I have only done it once, but I did it right! You need to measure the tube from the mouth to the stomach, and mark it. Depending on the age of the puppy, depends on the size of tube.

If the puppy begins to gag, you have the tube in the wrong pipe, and you could potentially kill the puppy by filling the lungs with fluid!!!! So please, there are many Youtube videos on this, I suggest you watch them over and over again. Also, if you have someone who has experience with this, like a vet, (my vet came to the house and helped supervise my first effort), I would suggest it. It is very scary in my opinion, but it is good to know how to do it if you get a fading puppy who will not eat, just in case!!!

OP
Jefferson bulldogs

Jefferson bulldogs

Feb 7, 2010
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
IZA Diva & Lots 'O Dots
I watched about 15 videos on it.;) I think I will have someone show me in person. It kinda makes me nervous thinking about it but i want to make sure I know how to do it just in case. What did you use for milk replacement?

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
It was a colostrum formula, I got it from Matt at A to Z vet supply. He recommended it because it keeps for a long time, it is a powder rather than a liquid.

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 126
OP
Jefferson bulldogs

Jefferson bulldogs

Feb 7, 2010
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
IZA Diva & Lots 'O Dots
Oh I will have to check it out, do you remember the name? I ordered a bunch of stuff from them.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.