Frequent Throwing Up

jrbug

Dec 4, 2013
Cape Cod, MA
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Junior
HI I have a 3 year old Jr. Every so often he will do the same! It's mostly in the middle of night. I went to vet and they said it had to do with fluid in stomach and when he lays down to sleep it coming back up almost like Acid Reflux! I tried giving him a small piece of bread to absorb anything in belly and that seemed to help! Also yes he tends to lick and lick and gag himself. Hope this was helpful:)

OP
Deanna1489

Deanna1489

Sep 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis
Ok, now I am a believer. I was skeptical at first that Otis's throwing up problem was because his tummy was empty, but now I think that just might be the problem. Yesterday we were gone for most of the day Christmas Shopping. I couldn't get Otis to eat anything before we left which is not unusual in the morning (he normally eats around lunch). My mom came to let him out around midday and she said he was so excited that it was her coming for a visit that she couldn't get him to slow down long enough to eat. By the time we got home he was starving. He didn't eat lots of food, but it wasn't long after he ate that he was throwing up. He threw up several times during the night and this morning you can just tell he is not himself. However, he has eat today and held everything down. From here on out when we are going to be gone for a while he will have something on his stomach. Poor guy I feel like I made him sick.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww. Poor Otis. I'm glad you found the reason, and I hope he feels better, but this is not your fault. We all try to do what's best for our babies, but we are only human, and we learn everyday, these babies are so very sensitive, and have so many different issues such as allergies, breathing, joints, etc.

Members online

No members online now.