Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frequent Throwing Up

Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Frequent Throwing Up

Thanks for the help. We are trying twice a day feedings to see if that helps.

Rescue Volunteer
    Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna1489 View Post
    Our Otis has been having frequent episodes of throwing up. Like maybe once or twice a week. He throws up and then he is fine. He is not losing weight and acts like his normal self. I have changed his food and that doesn't seem to have helped. We have noticed lately that he will groom himself and start gagging. Could he possibly have a hairball since they shed so much? If so how do I treat it?
    Deanna, You'll love it here. I Like the name Otis, somehow it just seems to fit their faces lol. I've had the same problem with my boys, I feed them early in the morning, and late in the evening, sometimes being 12 hrs apart. Rocky would throw up, but not a large amount, anywhere from the size of a quarter, to 3" in diameter. The vomit is a yellowish liquid, and slimy. We've had this discussion before, and what some of the members did was to feed their Baby's a plane Rice cake in the evening, and not allow them to go to bed hungry, as they would surely vomit the next morning in getting their food. I use snacks and training with my boys at night, and during the day, they get fruit and such between their kibbles. It helps tremendously, and I hope you give this a try with Otis and hopefully you'll have as good a luck as we who've had this problem have had. Good Luck!!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Alix
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
    Likes (Received)

Don't mean to hijack your thread but my Petunia did the same just this morning...she woke up around 6 am and threw up twice (once was nothing) in succession on the bed. It was yellowish and frothy. I already feed her twice daily...should I switch to 3X? She seems to want something to eat around 8:30 ish...

She did NOT want to eat her breakfast this am which is unusual for her.

RIP Samson el Torito and Petunia Belle
    May 20, 2000 - June 06, 2008 and November 16, 2004 - April 10, 2015

Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Junior
    Likes (Received)

HI I have a 3 year old Jr. Every so often he will do the same! It's mostly in the middle of night. I went to vet and they said it had to do with fluid in stomach and when he lays down to sleep it coming back up almost like Acid Reflux! I tried giving him a small piece of bread to absorb anything in belly and that seemed to help! Also yes he tends to lick and lick and gag himself. Hope this was helpful

Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis
    Likes (Received)

Ok, now I am a believer. I was skeptical at first that Otis's throwing up problem was because his tummy was empty, but now I think that just might be the problem. Yesterday we were gone for most of the day Christmas Shopping. I couldn't get Otis to eat anything before we left which is not unusual in the morning (he normally eats around lunch). My mom came to let him out around midday and she said he was so excited that it was her coming for a visit that she couldn't get him to slow down long enough to eat. By the time we got home he was starving. He didn't eat lots of food, but it wasn't long after he ate that he was throwing up. He threw up several times during the night and this morning you can just tell he is not himself. However, he has eat today and held everything down. From here on out when we are going to be gone for a while he will have something on his stomach. Poor guy I feel like I made him sick.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Aww. Poor Otis. I'm glad you found the reason, and I hope he feels better, but this is not your fault. We all try to do what's best for our babies, but we are only human, and we learn everyday, these babies are so very sensitive, and have so many different issues such as allergies, breathing, joints, etc.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads