Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi everyone, I wanted to let you all know that this morning Dozer finally threw up the sock that he swallowed a month ago. I had been watching his poop, for the first two weeks after it happened. I sort of forgot about it in between, he didn't have any signs of obstruction, no vomiting, no diarrhea, or drooling, and he was acting normal the whole time, eating drinking, running and playing. He swallowed the sock on Oct 29th, and here it is Nov. 28th, so he basically had that sock inside his tummy for a whole month. I'm so glad he was able to pass it without any problems. Hopefully he doesn't find any more sweat socks.

Last edited:

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Thank Goodness!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Thank goodness it came up, that is a long time to carry that around!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Wow, I'm surprised it stayed that long, glad it came up and he is ok.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
It's crazy how long that will sit in their tummy. I think it was [MENTION=1612]Alice Kable[/MENTION] who had something in the intestine for a year? So glad Dozer never got sick and it's finally out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
wow, so glad he tossed it up without any issues :whew: so lucky to not have had to get surgery.

Starkie

Dec 8, 2012
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walley-Bubba aka Wooley Bulley aka Walter! aka Landi!!
Props to the owner for having the patience to let it pass and not rush the pup into surgery!

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
No, not really, no props for me. Dozer has done this on 3 other occasions, the first time was last year and we didn't know he had swallowed a sock, he wasn't sick even one day, and I have no idea how long he had the sock in his tummy, he just threw up one morning, and there was one of hubby's sweat socks. We were surprised, and couldn't beleive he had eaten a sock, and not choked. That was our first experience. Then he swallowed my Grandsons socks on two other occasions, again we did not know he had swallowed them, but the second time he got really sick, he started with vomiting, then diarrhea, and then he was drooling water from his mouth, he was very lethargic, and we rushed him to the vet, as we had no idea what was wrong with him. The vet felt his tummy, and said he felt full in his abdomen, she did X-rays, which showed a shadow in his intestines, she knew he had swallowed something, but we had no idea what, she gave him some IV fluids, some pain medication, and sent us home with a high fibre food to help move his bowels. That night he was able to pass the sock. I know the signs to look for now, for obstruction and if he showed any signs of being sick, or distress, I would have taken him to the vet immediately. This last sock was actually the only one that I had actually known that he had eaten it. I kept my eye on him for any signs of obstruction, I CSI'd his poop for a couple of weeks, but he didn't pass anything. He didn't show any signs of distress, obstruction, or pain. He acted normal, he ate his food, drank water, and played and ran around like normal. This morning at 5:30 am he threw up in his crate, and there was the sock. I'm just relieved that he threw it up and got rid of it, didn't need surgery and he's okay.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
:whew:What is with him and socks....:confused: I think you need to stop wearing socks....

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
That's part of the problem, lol. I hate socks, so when I come home that's the first thing I take off, but I'm always careful about putting them in the hamper. The socks that he keeps finding are from my 6 year old Grandson, he takes after his Grandma, because he hates socks too, so everyday when he comes home after school, he takes his socks off, and puts them down. I've taught him to put them either in his backpack, now or stuff them inside his boots, but the last pair were on the couch, and when he went home later that night, I had forgotten about them. The socks were charcoal grey, and I have a black leather couch, so they blended in. I was talking on the phone to my friend, and Dozer jumped up to lay beside me, and before I knew it, he had swallowed the sock. He was so quick. I watched him for signs of obstruction, but he never showed any signs of being sick, he acted normal, and I watched his poop, but again nothing, until a month later, and then he threw it up.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I'm so glad he got rid of it. These bullies are soo funny. Thats why summer time is the best, no sock to worry about. Brutus is the same way, any socks or underwear and he is a gobble monster.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Glad it's out and the big boy is doing well! What a trip...Thank heavens Dudley has shown no interest in socks!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.