Shots, etc.

Memascakes

Nov 20, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
no name yet
OK - I just got Lucy on Friday. She came to me through friends of friends & we don't really know her history. We were told she is just over a year old. SO... I have no records of shots, etc. Do I just make an appt with the vet & let them decide if she needs shots or not? If she's already had shots & we have no way of knowing that, will it hurt her to get them again?

Zoebug

Aug 25, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Moola , Gracie , Gabby and Lula Belle
It will not hurt her to vaccinate even if she just had them. But I'm sure if whoever owned her didn't care enough to make sure that the new owner knew everything about her then she probably isn't vaccinated. And if she is a year old then she would be due vaccines anyway as part of her annual . Congrats on being a bully owner.

OP
M

Memascakes

Nov 20, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
no name yet
Thank you for the responses. [MENTION=9726]Zoebug[/MENTION] - We tried to find out about the shots-previous owner said her friend is a vet& he gives both her horses & dogs their shots but doesn't keep records ( I don't believe that). I think I'm going to go ahead & make an appt. & get her shots that way I'll know for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
M

Memascakes

Nov 20, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
no name yet
Took Lucy to the vet - VERY good report!! He thinks she is about 13 months old. Also said he thinks she is a very well bred bulldog (yay!) :~) Since we are not sure she had her shots, he started them again - rather be safe than sorry. I really liked this vet - with one exception - this practice in general is not a fan of the raw diet but said they do not try to sway clients one way or the other UNLESS the dog starts to have issues.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.