Daisys' first heat :/

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
awwww...she's a woman lol. When Ruthie went through hers panty liners worked wonders put in those little reusable diapers. Good luck!!!

IPickedADaisy

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Apr 11, 2013
CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)
Good luck! I had to have my Daisy spayed before she went in to heat. Vet said we couldn't risk her having puppies because of her severe allergic reaction to vaccines. Something like that could get passed on to puppies & we didn't want to take a chance. I probably wouldn't have bred her anyway--I am way too inexperienced for that!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Just be prepared for some grumpy, bitchy behavior… LOL Bella liked to sleep a lot, and she kind of kept to herself. She also had loose :poo: too… AHhhh the joys of womanhood!!! ;)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Just don't let her out of your sight for a second.

OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
;435010 said:
Good luck! I had to have my Daisy spayed before she went in to heat. Vet said we couldn't risk her having puppies because of her severe allergic reaction to vaccines. Something like that could get passed on to puppies & we didn't want to take a chance. I probably wouldn't have bred her anyway--I am way too inexperienced for that!

awwww...she's a woman lol. When Ruthie went through hers panty liners worked wonders put in those little reusable diapers. Good luck!!!

Just don't let her out of your sight for a second.

[MENTION=9205]JennieS[/MENTION] Thanks :) We had those when she was tiny so Im off to the store to get a bigger size!!! [MENTION=8562]IPickedADaisy[/MENTION] I am with you...This was my bf's choice not to get her fixed. He wants to breed. Im trying my best to convince him other wise.... I may have to be bad and make an appt with out him knowing.... Cant stop me once its already over, can he? :evil:
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] oooooh I know.. Shes doubled leashed for potty breaks... collar and harness. My baby doesnt wander by herself anyways... But We are on hawk eye mode right now!

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
She may be cranky and sleepy...so just be aware. Also, don't let her out unless you are with her...some dogs will jump or dig under fences to get to her. I know she is a pristine girl and will want none of that but those boys! LOL!

Once she is through watch for any pus looking dripping or seepage. That was my clue-in to Petunia getting pyometra from her 1st heat. If you see that, take her to the Vet immediately. It is an infection in the uterus.

Otherwise I hope she has a 'happy period'. :/

OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Ok guys. So is it normal that the boy dogs aren't hunting her down? We had one in our yard yesterday morning and that's it. And we have at least 4 males that their families let them roam the neighborhood. Also she just started humping me.... Is that normal too??? She's never done that ever... [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
The boy dogs will start hanging around the further into her heat she gets ,so do not let her out of your sight for one second. Yes her humping you of other dogs is normal, as her hormones are going crazy right now. If you are going to spay her then I would wait about 3 months after her heat cycle.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.