Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
help!!! Partial tear in Leg ligament :( :( :(

So as I am getting ready to go on vacation tomorrow I receive some upsetting news from the vet. On Monday Izzy went to the little dog park area in our apartment and she played with this terrier mix for about 20 minutes. No jumping, no stairs, no hills... just a bit of running around.

On Tuesday Izzy didnt want to get out of her crate... I had to bring her bowl of food and water inside her crate where she ate and didnt want to move. I had to go to work and we left her in the crate all day to rest. When I came home she would walk but she was limping pretty bad, and her right back leg would not touch the floor... she would just hang the back leg and limp around. I called her vet yesterday and he told me to keep an eye on her and if it didnt get better by today for me to bring her in. Izzy plays hard and rough so this is not the first time she limps from one of her legs... but it never lasted this long. Also, previous times she would limp and wobble.,, this time her paw is not touching the floor at all.

7:30am this morning and I was already at the vet... and she was diagnosed with a partial tear in her ligament. He gave me pain medication because he knows we are going out of the country for 10 days and she will stay with my mother in law. Then he told me to bring her back when we return and he will check her again and then determine if surgery is needed..... He did mention the possibility of her healing on its own.

Anybody in our forum has any experience with tear ligament? What are the chances she will heal on her own???? I am so upset to go on vacation when she needs me the most :(:(:(

Last edited:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I have no experience with this, I just wanted to say how sorry I am that you and Izzy are going through this. I hope it does heal on its own and surgery is not needed. Try to enjoy your vacation knowing she will be resting and healing while you are away. Going out of the country does not sound like something that can be cancelled so just try to relax and enjoy. Keep us posted on her condition when you get back.

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
I am getting ready to go to the Feed store during my lunch break and try to find some supplements and vitamins.... anything to avoid having her going through surgery

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry!!! I don't have any advice on this one, but I will tag some peopleā€¦ [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] Hopefully she will feel better soon, and you can enjoy your trip!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes, Nitschke did this twice. it is the quick stop/turn while running that does it, no way to stop them form doing that. Nitschke did a full tear both times and had surgery with 6 weeks of recuperation, if it a partial tear, yes it could possibly heal on it's own with limited activity and rest.

Will she be able to stay calm at your MIL's place?

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] well I explained to her, that Izzy needs rest. Hopefully Izzy will take it easy and relax a bit. I told her not to take Izzy on walks and restrict her to the crate as much as possible. :((((

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online