Help Needed! Please help...

OP
BMccoy56

BMccoy56

Nov 20, 2013
Libra thank for your help. I will get a hold of the ER where I took Apple the first time to get the date and time of her first episode and start making a journal. I have to say she seems do to be doing much much much better these last two days. I did get a little worried about her on tuesday night. She was playing with her kong for about 45 min to an hour, trying desperately to get the last of the peanut butter out of the bottom. She usually never plays that long with that much energy, unless it's when we first get home and let her out of her kennel. Even then her high energy only last maybe 15 to 20 minutes. After she sucked her kong dry she paced back and forth from the back door to the front door. Thats what was worrying me. She never paces when she wants to go out. If she wants to go out she'll walk to the front door and then sprint to the front door. I think we (my wife and I) might be over looking things. We tend to be noticing a lot of things going on with her that might have already been part of her character. But what can you do when your worried parents.

I will be joining the FB page you mentioned. Thank you for bringing that up.

From watching your videos, I have to say that you have two beautiful bullies and Vegas is lucky to have a caring person like you and your husband in his life. Being connected with the bulldog rescue in St.Louis, I've seen the bad side of people and what they can do to these guys. You guys are awesome!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Sorry I am very late to the conversation. Loki had 1 smaller seizure and one very bad one shortly there after he is on phenobarbital 64.8 mgs twice a day. After the dose was fully loaded into his system which took a couple of days we noticed the seizure activity had completely stopped no more pacing more more blank stares and no more standard seizure activity. The first week was awful he was so tired and so out of it that it broke my heart I spent many night crying with Loki because I felt so helpless. It does get easier her legs will become less wobbly as the days go by. The hardest thing ( I still find myself doing it) is hovering Loki was not aloud out of my sight for 2 weeks at any period of time even if Sean was home. I was so worried that it could have been prevented and maybe I missed something that I followed him every where which in the end only stressed me out more and made him feel uncomfortable too I feel. I can't watch the video that you posted since our ordeal was so traumatic to me. Our vet recommended as well as the members trying to keep them upright during the seizure to prevent them from choking on their saliva. Spacing the meals out over the course of a day or the toy that have treats may help with the sugar levels. Please keep us posted loki and I are praying for you all and apple.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Libra thank for your help. I will get a hold of the ER where I took Apple the first time to get the date and time of her first episode and start making a journal. I have to say she seems do to be doing much much much better these last two days. I did get a little worried about her on tuesday night. She was playing with her kong for about 45 min to an hour, trying desperately to get the last of the peanut butter out of the bottom. She usually never plays that long with that much energy, unless it's when we first get home and let her out of her kennel. Even then her high energy only last maybe 15 to 20 minutes. After she sucked her kong dry she paced back and forth from the back door to the front door. Thats what was worrying me. She never paces when she wants to go out. If she wants to go out she'll walk to the front door and then sprint to the front door. I think we (my wife and I) might be over looking things. We tend to be noticing a lot of things going on with her that might have already been part of her character. But what can you do when your worried parents.

I will be joining the FB page you mentioned. Thank you for bringing that up.

From watching your videos, I have to say that you have two beautiful bullies and Vegas is lucky to have a caring person like you and your husband in his life. Being connected with the bulldog rescue in St.Louis, I've seen the bad side of people and what they can do to these guys. You guys are awesome!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Pacing is so common when they have grand mal seizures. It's part of the what they call post ictal stage. In the products for English Bulldogs there is a post made by me with an everlasting fun ball. It is a green ball that you stuffed full of treats. Vegas uses that almost every night, & expecially after he has a grand mal seizures. He paces so much and the ball keeps him focused. The treat of choice for us is frozen green beans.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.