Night Panting in Crate

Daphnee

Apr 7, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
daphnee
8.5 y/o female, good weight, otherwise healthy, had wellness visit in June, all ok.. Now she will start to fuss in her crate at night, paw at her bedding and the bottom of the crate by the gate. Then when we let her out, she is panting like she just ran a marathon.. She will then go to the couch, lay down, and be ok in 5-10 minutes. She's done this rarely, like couple times a year, but this is becoming more often lately. She has always been crated at night time and never fussed before..:(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
When they did her wellness check did they check her heart... like an ekg?

OP
D

Daphnee

Apr 7, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
daphnee
I don't think this time. I was worrying that it could be CHF, thinking of getting a chest x-ray.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I would have her checked out-yes I thought of congestive heart failure. I had a toy poodle who had that, and would get symptoms such as that. If all checks out well, perhaps a fan in front of her crate. That is what mine have in summer. I know as I have gotten older-I feel heat more! Hope she checks out okay. My poodle lived a long time with CHF-with me giving her a shot as needed. Best Wishes for Daphnee

OP
D

Daphnee

Apr 7, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
daphnee
So, took her in.. No murmur and lungs sounded clear and good. Chest x-ray looked ok according to her primary, but of course it was being sent out to the radiologist to review.. ( I worked in radiology for 9 years, and just giggle at the fact there are doggy radiologists) Primary thought it could be allergies, sinus drip, that's causing her to breath thru her mouth. will wait and watch, she has "free" follow up for 30 days.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Sounds good! Hope all will be well. Maybe put a small fan in front of her crate at night. See if that helps her.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So, took her in.. No murmur and lungs sounded clear and good. Chest x-ray looked ok according to her primary, but of course it was being sent out to the radiologist to review.. ( I worked in radiology for 9 years, and just giggle at the fact there are doggy radiologists) Primary thought it could be allergies, sinus drip, that's causing her to breath thru her mouth. will wait and watch, she has "free" follow up for 30 days.

If you think of it check her the pasture next time , see if she is over heated or not

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.