Skin help

Dexter21

Nov 17, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
My bully is 2 years old and I have been fighting a skin problem since he was almost a year old. He has been on California natural dry, Fromm, and now Orijen six fish. He has seen the vet numerous times and all skin scrapings come back negative he gets these spots that are scabby and before you know it they are everywhere. The spots are dry and form scabs and eventually he looses hair in these spots and looks terrible I can't handle any more $300 vet bills with shampoo and antibiotics. Should I try hypoallergenic diet? He gets missing link for omega 3's PLEASE HELP

OP
Dexter21

Dexter21

Nov 17, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
uqerabah.jpg
3ydu2e9u.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sounds and looks like a staph infection to me.... only a long strong round of antibiotics will get rid of it. it is usually caused by a weaken immune system, does your baby have allergies?
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sorry --- :welcome3: to EBN..... if you can get a closer pic of the scabs, it could help more

OP
Dexter21

Dexter21

Nov 17, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
His eyes are almost always red and watery his paws get puffy but I have medicated antibacterial anti fungal wipes from vet he also gets ester-C vitamin sprinkled on his food with missing link skin and coat for immune support I tried everything even changed his bowls to stainless steel cleaned my house and his bedding has no fleas currently on advantage multi topical for that. He just can't shake off this staph/scabby spots. After his antibiotic he looks like a show dog then here it comes 1 spot 2 spots 100 spots
yme4use5.jpg

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Maybe do an allergy test on him to see what he is allergic to and then go from there. Poor boy, I hope he gets some relief soon.

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
I would give him some Benadryl 1 milligram per pound that should help and some apple cider vinegar in his water just a spoon full to boost his immune system

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I'm very sorry to hear this, Dexter is just so handsome, poor guy :(
It's a very complex thing and usually is about a poorly functioning immune
system and a problem called leaky gut which means, among other things
that the nutrients derived from food sources is poorly absorbed and utilized
by the body. Also, things are 'leaked out' into the bloodstream causing
inflammation thru out the body. I have autoimmune diseases and have this,
so did my 1st bully, Brutus. His skin looked exactly like this as well as overall
thinning w/bald spots. If Dexter isn't yeast prone, Avoderm's Grain Free Kibble
did wonders for my Brutus (it does have potato) otherwise give him avocado
slices on top of his kibble (it's only pits that are bad for them), it's a good fat.
Also, coconut oil is a good fat and can be added to kibble as well as put directly
on his skin eruptions. It is antimicrobial, antifungal & other great things, you can
try one than switch up every 6 months or alternate them every other week. I'd
stop the salmon kibbles, salmon oils for awhile as he may be sensitive to them.
Cut out all treats, grains, soy, dairy...it may take 4-6 months to really see results
altho you should see improvement in a month (takes a month to clear out system).
Digestive enzymes help a lot too and if you can, I'd give this to him, at least until
his skin clears up. In 2 months, Brutus had cleared up, fur was thick & full, whites
were glowing, eye boogers gone, farts gone, former friends of his previous owners
couldn't believe their eyes. You might want to dip his feet after he comes in from
outside in bowl of 1 cup white vinegar, 4 cups water & 1/2 cup food grade hydrogen
peroxide. Can be used 3-4 times before throwing out. After bathing him & rinsing him,
do a final rinse of white vinegar, fill up plastic pitcher with 1 cup cheap vinegar & water,
slowly pour over him, avoiding head & ears. Leave in, towel blot & air dry.

Let us know Dexter's progress, good luck & GOD bless!

OP
Dexter21

Dexter21

Nov 17, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Thank you soo much I will try all this.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.