USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The "Bland Diet"

Quote Originally Posted by mandals0810 View Post
    Does the bland diet not upset their tummy also since this is something thats different from their current food also?

Do you feed bland diet until the Diarrhea clears or just for a couple of days? Not quite sure.

I had Sassy spayed on Monday, picked her up from vet on Tuesday. Stool fine all week, until Thursday night/Friday am. I gave her, her flea/heart worm pill and then she started having the D. No vomiting, just very very loose stool. She's pooped in her crate twice, because she cannot hold it. She NEVER eliminates in her crate, as she is crate trained..... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IDK if they fed her at the vet while she was there or if this is a side effect from the pill I gave her. This is her 2nd dose of this pill, the 1st time it didn't bother her, and I gave it with food as per the instructions.

Thanks!

No it calms the tummy and it's easily digested, it's only meant for short term, a few days up to a week. I would call your vet though about the diarrhea since she was just spayed and took her normal dose of med. is she having any other symptoms? Lethargic, not eating or drinking?

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Pooper scooper
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sassy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bullmama View Post
    No it calms the tummy and it's easily digested, it's only meant for short term, a few days up to a week. I would call your vet though about the diarrhea since she was just spayed and took her normal dose of med. is she having any other symptoms? Lethargic, not eating or drinking?
    no other symptoms at all....she is completely normal other than the D. Eating and drinking fine. She's demolishing a blanket as I type. Seems to be feeling EXTRA frisky/hyper this am. ;-)

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mandals0810 View Post
    no other symptoms at all....she is completely normal other than the D. Eating and drinking fine. She's demolishing a blanket as I type. Seems to be feeling EXTRA frisky/hyper this am. ;-)
    Okay that is good news. You can try the bland diet for a couple of days then, you should see results very quickly if it's just tummy and digestive upset. If no improvement in 24 hours you may want to take her in to make sure there is nothing else going on. Hoping she's all better by tomorrow! Keep us posted.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads