Two rows of front teeth

ALOna

May 9, 2013
Reno, NV
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ooshi
Hi everyone! Does anyone know if it is normal for a 3.5 month old bulldog to have 2 rows of front incisors? They all look identical so not even sure which ones are the baby teeth that should be pulled out... help? Any thoughts would be appreciated!😟

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
It is usually easy to tell between puppy teeth and second teeth. The puppy teeth are more narrow and pointy. They usually will have most of their second teeth at 5 sometimes 6 mo.If you can't tell if they are baby teeth, Wait and see if he loses them, when he loses the rest of his baby teeth.or, if you go to the vet for something else, let him take a look. I have had toy dogs(this is common with them) who had to have a row pulled because they never fell out.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hi there! Have your vet take a look at them and he will be able to tell you if they need to be pulled or if they can stay that way. More than likely they will fall out on their own when it's time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I agree with everyone's advice, the second set of teeth have come in, but the baby teeth, which are usually the front set of teeth, are the baby teeth, or deciduous teeth, and they should fall out by the time your puppy is 6 months old. This is very common in puppies, but more common in small breed dogs. If they don't fall out by this age, you can talk to your vet at that time and have him make sure they're not causing any problems. If they do end up having to be removed, you can have them extracted at the same time as you spay or neuter your dog, so you can avoid having to do two surgeries, and putting your baby under anesthetic twice. Just keep an eye on them, and talk to your vet the next time you see him.

Shannon Cascioli

Mar 9, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Hercules and Ariel
Hercules is 9 months and has two rows of top teeth. Probably how he destroys toys faster than his sister. Lol. I wanted him to be a shark for Halloween because of it.

benjibabies3

May 23, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sassy and Dozer
Our male has two rows of top teeth. We talked to our vet about it and he said that as long as they aren't getting in the way of him eating or causing any discomfort than there is no reason to have them pulled. He is our "shark boy".

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
My Emma has a double row of teeth on the top and bottom. She's only had to have one pulled and it was done when she was spayed. She tears up my ninny pitty when they play though. Jack is very thinned furred and with Emma's shark teeth, well it's not pretty for him. :eek: I have a post somewhere in the health section showing her teeth. Just search "shark teeth" and it'll come up. :up:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Their rows of teeth remind me so much of shark teeth!! and they feel like it sometimes! :yes:

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Loki had 3 rows for a while 2 sets of normal teeth and a set of pin teeth further back in his mouth he still at almost 2 has the smaller pin teeth behind his big teeth

OP
ALOna

ALOna

May 9, 2013
Reno, NV
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ooshi
Thank you everyone for the comments. The vet said to wait a little bit. I. Just nervous because I saved up for soooo long to finally be able to afford a potential show quality dog and it would be a real bu,mer if she disqualified because of her teeth ��

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
All the better to eat you with my dear. Lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 1,884

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
I think porky only has one but she has a rather pointed jaw so her teeth are almost in a triangle pattern hard to explain but I have pictures :) lol
aruze5a9.jpg
ete8ahep.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.