Help Needed! Wilna

Wilna

Nov 8, 2013
Country
South Africa
Bulldog(s) Names
Robbie
Hi all.
I am a first time Bully owner and live in South Africa. My precious robbie is three months old. I feed him hills puppy food as per the instructions on the bag. The problem i have is that he vomits every other night. I feed him between 5 and 6 in intervals as he gobbles his food down. He is fine until between 23h00 and 02h00 in the evening when he vomits. This never happens during the day but only at night and recently like every second night. His stools are perfect and he still loves his food. Please help!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello Wilna.... :welcome3; to EBN.

What does the vomit look like, is it food, or mucus? Is there a color to it or just clear? Gross I know, but it will help the members with their advice to you.

Belvedere

Feb 24, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Belvedere
Our Belvedere did this when he was little. We figured out that if we gave him a snack right before bed (10-11 pm), he would not vomit during the night. Sometimes bullies will vomit when they have an empty tummy.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I agree with trying a "snack" late at night. I had a dog once who would get carsick on an empty stomach. If I gave her a snack before traveling-she was fine.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site. If your pup is under 5 months of age, feed him three times a day, spitting up his daily portion in threes. This should help with the vomiting. PLus Hills is not that good of a food and I had a beagle that would vonit with this food. We switched to her to a different food and she stopped the vomiting. So try 3 times a day if you aren't already, and if you are, then change her food to a better quality food.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Great advice David! I sure hope he gets better and soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.