Sores on my bully

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Welcome to EBN. Yep dry those suckers up. I use Douxo pads also. Sounds like allergy reaction or stress from the move can run down her resistance. A dollop of yogurt on her food is one way to get probiotic in her anything to bring up her immune system . I'm on my phone, but I'm going to look at your pic next time I'm on computer .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Yes, a dollop of plain, unsweetened greek yogurt is great to build up the immune
system. Put a capful of red cider vinegar(with Mother in it, on label)in drinking water
will do this too as well as other healthy benefits.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
they may not have scraped if your winny hasn't been itching them like crazy. our vet said if it was mange, she'd be trying everything to scratch it.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
and the scraping isn't pleasant...they scrape until they bleed :(

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Greetings. If it is a fungus, like ringworm, it takes a while to clear up with the medication and the hair will grow back like there was never a problem. If it is ringworm be careful and always wash your hands after applying the medication or touching as it is contagious to humans as well

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Greetings. If it is a fungus, like ringworm, it takes a while to clear up with the medication and the hair will grow back like there was never a problem. If it is ringworm be careful and always wash your hands after applying the medication or touching as it is contagious to humans as well[/QUOTE

Tim, does ringworm get weepy like this?

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Greetings. If it is a fungus, like ringworm, it takes a while to clear up with the medication and the hair will grow back like there was never a problem. If it is ringworm be careful and always wash your hands after applying the medication or touching as it is contagious to humans as well[/QUOTE

Tim, does ringworm get weepy like this?

You know I posted before I saw the pic and then I had my doubts. Ace had one case, about the size of a dime on one of his ears when we brought him home from the kennel as a pup. The breeder's husband said he thought it was where the litter pups were playing and may have chewed it. But it was circular and crusty looking there may have been a little moisture but I don't remember it being much. The Vet diagnosed it as ringworm and I treated with OTC fungal cream. But in the beginning stages it may have looked like the picture but I didn't see it. When we picked up Ace it had already shed most of the hair inside the ringworm fungus. But it could be some other form of fungus and not ringworm and the antifungal would still help. Sorry can't be of more help

Last edited:

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Get some Vetercyn. Works great on just about everything!! I swear by it! You can usually find it anywhere but on Amazon its cheaper. Love this stuff!! Look it up online to get more info. Good luck!! and welcome!

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Get some Vetercyn. Works great on just about everything!! I swear by it! You can usually find it anywhere but on Amazon its cheaper. Love this stuff!! Look it up online to get more info. Good luck!! and welcome!

​Second this, awesome stuff!

Members online

No members online now.