DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Such a face...I love Vegas. I want to hug him and kiss that smooshy face! I hope he's feeling better soon and it's relatively easy to treat. Poor little guy!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
So glad Vegas is home... Hope he feels better soon!!! I have no experience w/colitis...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
We were told to get him some plain yogurt as a probiotic. Gonna make my way to the store here shortly. Vegas is the biggest cuddlebug ever! He is certainly the best ear blanket I've ever had! View attachment 59901

I buy plain 0% fat free greek yogurt for VegasB, it has 3x the probiotics compared to the other yogurts! It is nasty and more sour than sour cream, but he loves it. I usually put a few chunks of banana in it for him.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
When you first posted about Vegas/blood, Colitis was the first thing that crossed my mind. I didn't post, because I felt that there are many on here who probably know more than I do. Years ago, I had a "shaggy dog", and we had to go away and boarded five dogs(all were kept together). When we came back, the shag(Maggie) was pooping bloody stools. Well, she had gotten so upset about being boarded, that she got colitis from her nerves. As soon as I got her home(of course-a Sat night-no vet) I fed her yogurt, and fed her Sun-bland w/yogurt, and by mon. she was better-took her to vet and he said colitis.She had gotten herself so upset-kept her on bland,and yogurt, and a pill to settle her gut. Then she was fine. she never got it again-but never was boarded again.We couldn't afford it anymore-anyway! Maggie was happy! I am happy that it IS something treatable and not too serious Good for you, Vegas!

Last edited:

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
I had a Scottie for almost 17 years with colitis. She was diagnosed at 4 months. It would flare up with stress and certain foods would make it worse but she had a chronic condition . I cooked for her everyday a mixture of low fat meat ( drained the fat ) rice and veggies plus vitamin supplements etc.- probiotics are amazing. Once I got the hang of what worked she never needed meds. initially she was on prednisone to reduce the inflammation. I worked hard to get her diet right so she would not need to stay on it. This is something that can be handled if it becomes chronic. Then again it may only flare up from time to time. Wish you all the best. Buster, Miss Tallulah and I send hugs.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
​Stopping by to wish a great Sunday to Vegas & crew from Me & Cami.

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Oh...the yogurt. I forgot to tell you about the yogurt. I fed them at the normal time....then about an hour later I realized I'd forgotten to give them their yogurt. So I went to the fridge and grabbed the container. Vegas and Orion love cottage cheese and when I'm making my lunch every morning, they go nuts in anticipation of getting some. Well...some thing with the yogurt. Orion was first....she was tap dancing by her bowl as I was dropping some into her dish. She tried to catch it as it was going into her dish which resulted in a head covered in yogurt. :whistle:

Then Vegas. I was telling my husband that Orion now needed a bath because she had a huge glob of yogurt on her head...as I was dumping a glob into his dish. Same thing. He didn't wait for my "okay" command. He jumped the gun. I must remember to lift dish and insert yogurt rather than try and dump into dish. Both Vegas and Orion have yogurt heads.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm so glad to be reading that Vegas is feeling better, and you were able to figure out what it was, so glad it's not something serious and it's treatable. Love and hugs.

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Oh...the yogurt. I forgot to tell you about the yogurt. I fed them at the normal time....then about an hour later I realized I'd forgotten to give them their yogurt. So I went to the fridge and grabbed the container. Vegas and Orion love cottage cheese and when I'm making my lunch every morning, they go nuts in anticipation of getting some. Well...some thing with the yogurt. Orion was first....she was tap dancing by her bowl as I was dropping some into her dish. She tried to catch it as it was going into her dish which resulted in a head covered in yogurt. :whistle:

Then Vegas. I was telling my husband that Orion now needed a bath because she had a huge glob of yogurt on her head...as I was dumping a glob into his dish. Same thing. He didn't wait for my "okay" command. He jumped the gun. I must remember to lift dish and insert yogurt rather than try and dump into dish. Both Vegas and Orion have yogurt heads.
So happy to hear life is back to "normal":no:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.