Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Waiting impatiently for news along with everyone here.

Just wanna hug & kiss his waiting 'lil face...love YOU, Vegas!

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Ok....we are home. They are going to treat him for colitis until we can get them a stool sample. Has anyone dealt with this before?

Vegas had the entire clinic in giggles with his silly antics. Our clinic has a front desk that is handicap accessible in the middle. Vegas, every single time he goes....puts his front paws on the counter and looks between the two girls working on each side of him. They put a cookie jar on this portion of the counter....it's a plastic one with a lid that clicks on by squeezing the circle knob on the top. This particular plastic cookie jar has 3 chunks missing out of the lid....2 are from Vegas. He sits there with his paws on the counter looking between the two girls. If neither of them are paying attention....he proceeds to lift his paw even farther up until he can place his paw on top of the cookie jar. Usually the jar goes flying in the opposite direction...but today it spilled open on the counter. Again....giggles irrupt from all corners of the clinic. Once the mess was cleaned up....Vegas was invited behind the counter to clean the floor of all the spilled bone portions.

Vegas is happy and playful still. He has no clue we are so worried about him. I will be taking a sample to them in the morning as soon as I can gather one.

Thank you everyone for your well wishes. He scares me.....being special needs, I freak out if he coughs.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ok....we are home. They are going to treat him for colitis until we can get them a stool sample. Has anyone dealt with this before?

Vegas had the entire clinic in giggles with his silly antics. Our clinic has a front desk that is handicap accessible in the middle. Vegas, every single time he goes....puts his front paws on the counter and looks between the two girls working on each side of him. They put a cookie jar on this portion of the counter....it's a plastic one with a lid that clicks on by squeezing the circle knob on the top. This particular plastic cookie jar has 3 chunks missing out of the lid....2 are from Vegas. He sits there with his paws on the counter looking between the two girls. If neither of them are paying attention....he proceeds to lift his paw even farther up until he can place his paw on top of the cookie jar. Usually the jar goes flying in the opposite direction...but today it spilled open on the counter. Again....giggles irrupt from all corners of the clinic. Once the mess was cleaned up....Vegas was invited behind the counter to clean the floor of all the spilled bone portions.

Vegas is happy and playful still. He has no clue we are so worried about him. I will be taking a sample to them in the morning as soon as I can gather one.

Thank you everyone for your well wishes. He scares me.....being special needs, I freak out if he coughs.

LOVE thta little guy... he is so silly!

yes, Banks has colitis... she was on raw at the time and I had to take her off it, guess her system just could not handle it. Tylan powder was what we used to get it under control... she has rare flare ups, usually when she is stressed. Last one was when we moved into the new house.

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I guess I don't really know what colitis is. I guess I need to google it.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think it's an inflammation of the lower intestine, Tidus had it once too and it was nasty.... it never really went away until I did 5 days of albon. But it only seemed to be triggered by stress.

Love me some Vegas! :heart:

attachment.php

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I read one of the symptoms was gas. Vegas usually doesn't have gas, but in the last several weeks it's been real bad. He's always been on the fragile side....so it probably wouldn't take much to stress him out.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
It's inflammation of the lower intestine, stress worsens & brings on episodes.
Slippery elm, marshmellow root & licorice help heal & sooth the gut. Probiotics
& digestive enzymes help w/absorption of nutrients and good fats such as
coconut oil help too.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Its good he's home and they know what it is. I love Vegas. XO

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
awww poor vegas with an upset belly. EBN is so great, what a wealth of natural options to help it never to come back :) i'm glad Vegas is home. let that boy fart it out now :)

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
So glad he is home and has a treatable condition Vegas looks so sweet and cuddly!!

sent from my Droid RAZR with love!

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
We were told to get him some plain yogurt as a probiotic. Gonna make my way to the store here shortly. Vegas is the biggest cuddlebug ever! He is certainly the best ear blanket I've ever had! 19262_1265400191517_2059848_n.jpg

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.