Banks is home... and sleeping with Daddy

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks sleeping with daddy 001.jpg

We moved the futon mattress to the basement floor and they will be sleeping down here till at least the 18th ... she is not allowed any stairs, unleashed walks or play until that date so we made the basement her home for the two weeks. All furniture is turned to the walls and she will have all she needs to chill and heal up.

She is very sore and whining but I think it is due to the meds wearing off. She is due for everything with her dinner which i will feed her when she wakes up. She will be on three meds till the 18th , two are to help her stomach lining settle down and the other is an antibiotic. we increased her daily dose of Tramadol to 50mg 3x a day and she'll remain on the Gabapetin for her back.

I have the xrays but can't figure out how to load them here... may have to convert them, but will post when I figure it out.

Thanks again for all the well wishes, prayers and concern for our baby girl.

Keep in mind to... lesson learned from this ordeal, Banks showed absolutely no signs of being sick, having an obstruction or any other physical issue... I only picked up on something being off due to her 'warning bite' to us which she has never ever done in her 8 yrs of life. Watch for this type of thing, aggression can mean pain even if they are not showing signs of it. Not to brag or pat my own back, but if I was not so in tune with her behavior this could have easily continued and been 1000 times worse for her in the end. Watch your babies, learn from them and about them and then always listen to your gut. I am very lucky to have a vet that listens to us and knows how well we know our babies... do your best to find that balance for you and your babies too.

:hug:
:heartsign:
:its4thebullies:

Last edited:

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
awwww. I'm happy she is home and I bet you are too! Such great advice too! Give her lots and lots of lovin. I hope she heals up quickly, safely and gets lots of rest.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh Christine, I'm so glad that Banks is home sleeping now… been thinking about you guys all day!!!
You are so right about noticing our babies, and listening to your gut… you KNEW that something was wrong w/her!!! I hope that she starts feeling much better soon, and hopefully you guys can some rest this weekend!!! :hug:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Loving this pic of them, so sweet :havemyheart:

Glad all are home safely so y'all can rest together.

Prayers over Banks quick & easy recovery continuing.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
:heartsign: Aww, poor girl must be exhausted from all that's been happening with her. Give her lots of loving and Tate and Finn send Banks a big hug 'n kiss!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It's a great thing to see that picture and hear that she will be ok. I've been thinking and praying for Banks and you since this all happened and am so HAPPY to see she is at home with the 2 best parents a bully could ever hope for.. You advice is spot on Christine and thank you so much for it..

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So happy she is home and doing well so far. You are so right in we need to pay attention to our babies. They do give out clues, and it's up to us to figure them out. Hugs to sweet Banks.

Dana F

Jul 30, 2013
Macon, Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
Glad she is back home with her family. Its so true about keeping in tune with your bullies behavior. Praying for a quick recovery. Hugs from me and Stinky.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Awww Banks, such a sweet, sweet baby. Dudley and I hope you are feeling better soon. Sending prayers to you all Christine - and good for you for following your gut. No one knows our babies like we do...thank God you followed your instincts. Such a sweet photo...hope her pain lesses and she is back to her old self soon!

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
That's great news that she is back ...!!!

Now tell us.. Which one is Banks and which one is hubby ? :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Banks is the cute one

:rofl:

You are a great mamma and you should pay yourself on the back.... She told you in her way and you saved her just by knowing something was off. Glad she is home now and resting with daddy, great set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Yes Banks is home! Time to relax take it slow and bring Banks back to perfect health! Happy to hear he's on the mend!,

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
So happy to hear she is home and resting.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.