Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Thanks everyone for the great advice and well wishes, the vets is there at 7.30am and its 7.15 now he keeps the water down but he is not drinking as much as normal he is usual a big drinker but then again believe it or not it is cold here today I had warmer weather in America and we are nearly in our summer here just another three weeks to go. he is asleep right now and snoring away seems quite peaceful.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
No help here neither ,but i hope your baby will feel better soon xxxxx

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm just now reading this Julie… I'm so sorry, sounds like he was stressed out… hopefully the vet is able to help you!!! Sending you & Ftse plenty of prayers and hugs!!! :hug:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Thanks everyone for the great advice and well wishes, the vets is there at 7.30am and its 7.15 now he keeps the water down but he is not drinking as much as normal he is usual a big drinker but then again believe it or not it is cold here today I had warmer weather in America and we are nearly in our summer here just another three weeks to go. he is asleep right now and snoring away seems quite peaceful.

Good to hear Ftse is resting peacefully Julie. I hope he gets over this soon!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I think it was just tummy upset from anxiety, hope he is better soon.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Just reading this, Julie...so very sorry!

I think he would not be acting fine if blockage. Most likely from
anxiety the length of days gone by w/out y'all, eating other dog's
foods, tired of not being in his own home, etc

When dealing w/upset stomach it's best to only give water for a
few hours and then a very small amt of boiled chicken or hamburger
or a soft scrambled egg but if throws up still, hold off any food again
for few hours. It's very hard on them (the digestion process) when
they have tummy upset, of course we want to feed them but really
best to not do it and then small amounts. Sending love & prayers!

OP
Ftse 100

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
We are back from the vets and all seems good.
he had blood test's and they 100% normal the vet thought it was an upset stomach but I want the blood test just to put me at ease he had a maxalon shot for the vomiting and has been put on a medication for 7 days in case of gut inflammation he has been as good as normal since we got home but not to be fed until 6pm and then only small amounts of bland diet chicken/rice/potatoes for a few days then hopefully will be back to normal. He is now playing with his giant kong that I brought home for him and he loves it.

I feel so relieved now.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
he had blood test's and they 100% normal the vet thought it was an upset stomach but I want the blood test just to put me at ease he had a maxalon shot for the vomiting and has been put on a medication for 7 days in case of gut inflammation he has been as good as normal since we got home but not to be fed until 6pm and then only small amounts of bland diet chicken/rice/potatoes for a few days then hopefully will be back to normal. He is now playing with his giant kong that I brought home for him and he loves it.

I feel so relieved now.

:whew: Happy to hear all is well

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww poor Ftse, I'm so sorry you went through this worry with Ftse, and that he seems to be feeling better. You already got great advice from everybody, and I had the same thoughts and suggestions, so nothing to add. Just wanting to send my thoughts and prayers your way, and glad the vet didn't find anything serious. I hope he has a quick recovery, and is back to feeling like himself soon. I'm sure having mommy home to give him love and TLC, will help a lot. Our guys are so sensitive, and any change in their routine can upset their systems and make them sick. Love, hugs and prayers to you both.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Julie, I'm so glad Ftse is okay... Poor baby just missed his Momma. So glad you guys made it back home safe & sound ; )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Does it sound like a blockage? Jeannie he is weeing normal but he has not had a poo here as we didn't get home until about 4pm and he would of already had it and with three other dogs there who knows and they are not poo detectives like us lot here on EBN, just strange he is so normal in himself hopefully its just a tummy bug but we are going to take him to the vets as soon as they open, I will keep you posted.
Emma was totally normal when she ate that toy earlier this year, not sure how she managed to poop that out. If he continues to throw up and has no poop then YES it's more than likely a blockage. I'll be hoping it's just a tummy bug and/or that he was just really stressed with you being gone.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack

I feel so relieved now.

:whew: Guess I should have read all the way through first - I tend to do that. :ashamed: So glad she's ok Julie! :D

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So happy he is OK.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts