Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
When I got of the plane in Brisbane yesterday morning I rang my daughter and she told me Ftse had vomited everywhere in his pen when she got home from opening up my house and the day before he had diarrhoea and she said it was like chronic diarrhoea and thought was from she thinks he ate her dogs food which would be very unusual for Ftse to overeat as he is a very picky eater, but that just went away it was just the one time so I was so worried as I was in Brisbane with a five hour wait for our plane to Bundaberg I rang back to keep checking on him and she said he seemed fine and had not vomited again when we got there he was very happy and himself running around and giving us lots of kisses and butt wiggles and we came home and he laid down and went to sleep and looked very contented and then got up and vomited again then seemed perfectly fine I though maybe he just has a tummy upset and gave him a bland diet and not much at all of boiled chicken and rice he ate that and was looking for more but I didn't want to give him too much so I didn't he seemed fine after that we have been checking him all night and all was fine and I just checked him again and he has vomited again not as much as the time before but I am so worried I will get him in the vets this morning when they open, but does anyone have any ideas what this could be, it is yellowish in colour and seems a little flemmy like raw eggs.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Oh no.. I wish I could help but have no idea what it could be.

The good part is he's acting fine so hopefully it's nothing serious. Keep us posted.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Not sure what it could be but sending smooches for Ftse. Hope he gets better soon.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Hoping that all is ok with Ftse. Wilson went through a whole day where he didn't eat and had bad diarrhea when we were gone due to stress. Really hoping that he's not blocked and ate something he shouldn't have. :pray: I'll be thinking of you two today. :hug:

OP
Ftse 100

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Hoping that all is ok with Ftse. Wilson went through a whole day where he didn't eat and had bad diarrhea when we were gone due to stress. Really hoping that he's not blocked and ate something he shouldn't have. :pray: I'll be thinking of you two today. :hug:

Does it sound like a blockage? Jeannie he is weeing normal but he has not had a poo here as we didn't get home until about 4pm and he would of already had it and with three other dogs there who knows and they are not poo detectives like us lot here on EBN, just strange he is so normal in himself hopefully its just a tummy bug but we are going to take him to the vets as soon as they open, I will keep you posted.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
The only time I have seen this is when Otis ate a toy rope - sounds like he ate something that didn't agree with him - keep an eye out until you can get to the vet and try to keep him hydrated. Will be praying and sending love.

OP
Ftse 100

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Would you feed this morning before going to the vets, I don't think he is drinking as much as usual I am going to bottle feed him some water now

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Oh no,Julie! I'm glad you got home safe and sound but i'm sorry to hear about Ftse. Could be just a tummy bug, hopefully nothing serious. I would think if it was a blockage he may be more lethargic and not want to eat anything, but i'm not really sure. I'm glad you'll take him to the vet's this morning to be on the safe side. Could be just the stress of being away from his mom/dad and from home all these weeks like Jeannie mentioned. In any case, do keep us posted!:hug:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Would you feed this morning before going to the vets, I don't think he is drinking as much as usual I am going to bottle feed him some water now

if he's throwing up still, best to not feed him anything. Also the x-ray may be clearer without any food in his system. Thinking of you and Ftse!

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
I cannot offer any advice, but will be thinking of you today. Hope it is just a stomach bug. Sending :hug: to you and Ftse

OP
Ftse 100

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
if he's throwing up still, best to not feed him anything. Also the x-ray may be clearer without any food in his system. Thinking of you and Ftse!

he is only vomiting like every 8 hours or more and only once at a time

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
How many more hours til the vet's office opens up? if he's keeping down the water and not throwing it up, acting normally, and is hungry, maybe a little bit of the boiled rice will be okay to give him. Hopefully he's getting over whatever bug it is he has. When Finn had similar symptoms a few months ago, it pretty much went away on its own with time and rest. I know you're worried though.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The yellow stuff sounds like bile from an empty stomach, I bet it was eating the other dogs food it can really mess them up bad! I would continue small amounts of bland for another day and see how he does since he's drinking and acting fine. If it continues past another 24 hours then I would worry or if he starts acting weird or not drinking or eating at all. :hug: to you both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sounds like stress and empty tummy, but a vet check is best to make sure.

hugs to you both and pleas keep us posted

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Oh no I hope Ftse feels better soon. When we went on vacation Brutus was sick from stress. Fever, diarrhea, lethargy. They can make themselves really sick from stress. I would definitely bring him to the vet just to rule out obstruction because as you know these guys are really quick and even the most experienced bully owner misses these guys eating things. Please let us know how the vet visit goes.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.