Skin tags? Warts? Something else?

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Does anyone have any experience with skin tags on the eyelids? Punkin has one on the bottom eyelids of both eyes. Here's a pic of the bigger one. They don't look like they're touching his eyes, but they seem to be growing. Very slowly, but they are growing bigger.

We're debating if we should have them removed, as we'd like for that to happen now when he's younger and healthy. Instead of waiting when he's older. Surgeries always scare me though. Do you think it's worth taking that risk?

udateqa7.jpg

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh WOW... That is really big, does he scratch at it? I wonder if they could give him a Valium or something to remove it?!! Poor baby...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I don't have any experience with these, I think a vet check would be in order.

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
We had a boxer that had these when he was young. We were told that it was a bacterial thing and he would outgrow them. They looked awful, but they went away in a couple of months.

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
We had a boxer that had these when he was young. We were told that it was a bacterial thing and he would outgrow them. They looked awful, but they went away in a couple of months.

Did you apply anything on them? I think they started just over a year ago. Then they progressively grew. The vet wasn't too concerned at first because they weren't in the way of his eyes.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
My yellow lab has a very small one on her top eyelid. The vet said to leave it but hers is not growing and is much smaller than that one. I would definetly go to the vet. The fact that it is growing means something is active within it. If he thought it was bacterial initially, I would be worried about infection. I'm sure it could be removed with a local instead of general anestia

Last edited:

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
Did you apply anything on them? I think they started just over a year ago. Then they progressively grew. The vet wasn't too concerned at first because they weren't in the way of his eyes.

No, we weren't given any medications for them at all. The vet said they were like a virus and would run their course. Punkin's look very similar, but our Boxer had several.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wow... never saw anything like that on the eye. seen them on the chin or 'cheek' bones, but not on the lid.

Be interested in knowing what your vet says about them

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Wow... never saw anything like that on the eye. seen them on the chin or 'cheek' bones, but not on the lid.

Be interested in knowing what your vet says about them

He has something similar on his butt and one of his elbows but they're not as large. I'm thinking his tears are making them grow.

We went to the vet this morning and he said that all that can be done is to have them surgically removed. So we're going to book an appt for this December when my bf is on vacation. We thought that it would be best since he's still relatively young and in good health. Plus he accidentally scratched the one on his left eyelid and bled a little, which irritated his eye. If it is a bacterial thing, then we hope that by cleaning his eyes, with a clean damp cloth, regularly after the surgery will help control future growths.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
[MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] , well you know me. and I always have a difference of opinion, it looks like it would soon be bothersome if not already, If he were mine, I would have them removed.

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
@savemejeebus , well you know me. and I always have a difference of opinion, it looks like it would soon be bothersome if not already, If he were mine, I would have them removed.

That's what we thought too. We're going to do just that in December when my bf will be home to watch him. :yes:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online