Hot spot ...Stinky is having surgery

Dana F

Jul 30, 2013
Macon, Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
I posted earlier this week about Stinky and his tail pocket. That I was having trouble cleaning it and how he yelped when I tried to clean it. I tried not to clean it for a day thinking that maybe it would be better. Well...its not. I woke up with a bad stinky smell and yellow stuff all over his bedding. I was gonna call the vet anyway because of a question that was asked last night.
[h=2]Red swollen thing on tip of Sherman's penis[/h]
Hi everyone. This morning I noticed a red very scary looking cyst thing on the tip of Sherman's penis. It is about the size of a macadamia nut. He seems to be feeling fine but this growth looks like it could be filled with blood. Any ideas? I made an appointment for later today but I am worried.

0 Comment

This sounded like what Stinky has on the end of his. I haven't had much experience with male dogs and thought that this is what it looked like. So when I looked it up the pictures looked just like Stinky.
i1.jpg
It is called a prolapsed urethra.I called my vet first thing in the morning. Poor Stinky was in so much pain they had to give him a sedative and shave his butt area. They said he had a"hot spot" and he did have a prolapsed urethra. They cleaned his butt area and gave him some pain pills and antibiotics. They want to see him on Wed to see he the infection is still there. If not they will do surgery to remove his tail and surgery on his penis. She said the reason I was having all this trouble with his tail pocket was that he had a inverted tail. When he was 5 months old I wanted his tail removed but she wouldnt do it unless it was necessary. So now he is gonna have it done...he is 10 months old now. I want to thank ALL you members for your help and this forum. Don't know what I or others would do with out you all.Thanks again!And please say a prayer for Stinky next Wed. Hugs from me and Stinky.:hug::hug:And good luck and prayers for Sherman too.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Sending prayers and best wishes for stinky. please update when he is done.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OUCH!! that looks painful..... hugs to the Stink boy... hope all goes well and he is feeling better real soon

santinomom

Jan 22, 2013
Rochester, New York
Bulldog(s) Names
Santino
I had my little one's tail removed also and he became such a different dog afterwards. Soooooo much happier! it was the best thing I ever did for him. You"ll be happy you did it:)

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Poor stinky! Lil guy...Dudley and I are sending hugs and prayers his way!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh no... I'm so sorry to hear about Stinky!!! Sending prayers that his surgery goes well, keep us posted!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Sorry to hear! Sending prayers your way for a quick, painless, and speedy recovery!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
I just saw the thread-sending positive thoughts your way ,please keep us updated x

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Poor little Stinky. Sending lots of love to him!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Poor Stinky! I am so sorry that you and he have to go through this! Praying for a great outcome! It will be a tough road, but after he heals, he will surely feel alot better! Will surely send prayers your way.:pray2:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Cami & I send love & prayers for Stinky's quick recovery.

He'll feel so much better!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Sheldon and I are sending our thoughts and prayers your way....praying for a speedy recovery.

Most Reactions