Mass on my bully

Pamela1021

Oct 31, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harmony
Hi. I'm completely new to this forum and group but so happy to find you all. We have a E Bully who is 2.6 years old (we do not know her history really or family history)... but today she had surgery and a tumor from her back end removed. First, the vet said he didn't think it was cancer (but didn't do pathology - which now I regret) but he didn't think it was necessary. However, she has a drain in and I guess I'm worried (#1) and just overall confused... I think it's pretty common in E Bullys and I just didn't know if anyone else has experience with this. We got her when she was 1.5 years old and she overall is in pretty good health. We did have her fixed last October. She never lost her appetite or thirst and if anything she kept gaining weight! She was acting fine - but we wanted this removed. Worried about her..... :(

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Welcome and I'm sorry you are going through this. I hope she continues to feel better.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hiya: :welcome3: to EBN.

i do not have any direct experience with this issue, but a friend had a Cane corso with a mass removed, non-cancerous and he had a drain in for a few days to. I think, if I remember correctly it is to ensure the area stay clean and does not get infected.

Hugs and prayers to you and harmony.... hope all goes well and she heals up quickly.

please keep us posted

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Welcome. I hope your baby is up and feeling better soon!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Odd that your vet didn't want to test but I'm hoping that he's correct. And the drain sounds normal. They should be able to remove it after a few days.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Hope she has a quick recovery.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts