General Question Banks... not quite sure what is going on?

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Any update? Was the vet able to fit her in?

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks gang... aprreciate all the hugs and prayers.!! I got an appointment on Monday morning with our vet, he does his farm visits on Friday's so he is booked today.

Like others have said she may be in pain, or it could be her Thyroid out of whack, you might have your vet check it.

Yep - thyroid s on the list to discuss.

I'm so sorry to see this about Banks, how is she today?

She was herself :blink:... until she went into the dining room and :poo: which she NEVER does. Which, BTW, we found Cheli trying to pull a Wilson (turd-burglar) [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] :shout:

Oh Christine, I'm sorry to hear this about Banks. Have you noticed other clues that she may be in some discomfort/pain? like is she sleeping through the night or any changes in sleeping habits, how about eating her food? does she seem more withdrawn? Let us know how tomorrow's vet appt. goes. I am thinking of Banks and you.

Actually, her eating (she has never, ever turned down food) and sleeping, even playing (rare anyway) have been normal... her sleep is somewhat more deep and sound, but I had thought it may be age since she is 8 yrs old.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
I have no advice, I just wanted to let you know i'm thinking of you and Banks. Love that girl!

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Hope that the vet can figure out what's wrong with Banks. Makes me miserable when something is off with my baby. Sending Banks a little puppy hug and prayer for a speedy recover for whatever ails her.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Wishing you the best of luck, please keep us posted. Saying my prayers......

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Christine, it just hurts me how much you love Banks (& all your babies).

Praying it is a pain med adjustment and/or simple fix. Continued prayers!

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Oh Christine ...i really don't know what to say -i hope your baby got a clean bill of health and its just a old age grumpiness xxx

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Are there any updates? His us Banks doing?

sent from my Droid RAZR with love!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] you guys back yet? what did the vet say?

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey gang --- just back from vet. it is an hour ride for us and well, the kids are popular with the staf so there is no such thing as a quick visit. Cheli gets taken and I do not see him again until we are leaving -- as you may remember, I adopted him from our vet as he was an owner surrender to them and lived at the hospital (over nights with various staff taking him home) so they all LOVE seeing him and have to spoil when we go.

Our vet agreed, something is off with her, so he did a full blood panel including thyroid (test results in a few days) and I am taking her back on Thursday for a day of 'pictures' x-rays and ultrasounds if needed. Overall, he thinks she looks fantastic and seems very healthy, but with me explaining all that I had posted here, he thinks there is possibility of an underlying issue (other than her back/hip problems), but also said it could just be her age. He owns 9 dogs of many different breeds and had a female bulldog live to be 12 and in his opinion, female bullies are some of the toughest dogs as they get older if they were dominate in nature through their lives. So, he said it is possible she is just getting more bitchy (great!!), he said with how intune we are with our babies, he agrees not to just adjust her current meds -- he wants to rule out anything new that could be surfacing.

I will post more after Thursday's x-rays, hopefully the blood panel is back too by then.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Thanks for the update. Fingers crossed it's nothing serious.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I so hope that's all it is, her getting older and crabby. In that video that you posted of her she looks fantastic to me, thank you for the update. :heart:

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Whew!!!! hopefully it's nothing more and her test results come back great. Sending lots of love to you and banks. Man, that kinda scares me though as Ruthie is not the friendliest either...LOL. I love Banks!

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Whew!!!! hopefully it's nothing more and her test results come back great. Sending lots of love to you and banks. Man, that kinda scares me though as Ruthie is not the friendliest either...LOL. I love Banks!

Want her, I can drive her down to you... I am off on Thursday :D

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
It would be kinda funny (I know you don't think so but still), if she's perfectly fine but just getting bitchier as she gets older.. haha
Woman, you'd be in for a world of hurt.. lol...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.