General Question Banks... not quite sure what is going on?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So, our beastly, beeotchy 'little' girl has something going on with her and I am at a loss, but leaning toward some type of pain.

Over the past few weeks she has been overly temperamental with little things and the usual stuff she does not like. Now for those of you that know her, and those that may not, Banks is EXTREMELY dominate and has major attitude all of the time... all of the time. she is 8 years old and has been in constant, consistent training since the day we brought her home at 11 weeks. We spent a full year learning her ticks, tricks and triggers even sent her off to boot camp for a week - we needed it as much as her as neither of us knew anything about dominate behavior until our little 'angel' came to be with us. My point in all that is, we know her and her behavior is off... something is not right and it is not dominance.

During these few weeks she has done the following:

Peeing in the bedroom - this is where we keep her when at work. Three times this week alone, and she never does this unless she has a UTI which her last one was back in the spring. She goes back to the crate tomorrow.

Attacked Cheli (our Frenchie) several times, to where he will not stay in the same room as her, we have to go get him and bring him back in. Tonight she attacked because the door bell rang, however he got her good over the eye, nothing major just a cut, but looks worse than it is.

Has placed her teeth on me twice when trying to wipe her bum or paws

Placed teeth on Lewis tonight... last straw for me

When these things happen so separated you tend to not notice, but with three happening just today - we both think she is in some type of pain, more than normal. as some know, she has a bad spine (several fused vertebra) and HP - we have always done great with pain management but I am thinking either something more is happening and she is trying to protect herself or the pain meds need to be adjusted.

Maybe we are wrong and it is behavior, but to me, if it was behavior and she was just pissed off, wouldn't she had really bit us? I am thinking she is giving warning shots, per say and trying to let us know she hurts?

Thoughts anyone?

I will be calling the vet tomorrow and asking for a day to drop her off and have what ever observation, scans or xrays done they need to see if more is happening with her.

she usually is loving on Daddy like this...
banksy 142.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Awe man that is downright depressing. I think this is one of the very worst problems out there, because it seems to stem out of nowhere and there is no obvious answers. I think you have a good plan, but it scares me, it really does, especially when she is being physical. I think you are right something is certainly triggering it from out of the blue.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Sounds like she is in some kind of pain to me. Maybe this is her way of alerting you to it? I agree that if she was going to actually bite you she would have. Is Lewis your son? How old is he. I'm sure I don't have to tell you this but maybe just try to keep them separated until you find out what is going on.

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Awe man that is downright depressing. I think this is one of the very worst problems out there, because it seems to stem out of nowhere and there is no obvious answers. I think you have a good plan, but it scares me, it really does, especially when she is being physical. I think you are right something is certainly triggering it from out of the blue.

I am really at a loss, Lisa... can not get what the issue is, but there is something off.

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She just walked up to me ... growled, showed her teeth and has her cockles up????? She will be in her crate tonight.

I am so at a loss

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
:(. Maybe a blood test will show something? Praying that you'll figure it out and a remedy will be in place.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Poor baby. She is just off...I think you are right, I think it might be physical. Sending prayers and hugs to you and Banks...

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh no... Poor Banks!!! I agree something is definitely off, and she's trying to let you know. Hopefully the vets will be able to figure it out... I'm so sorry Christine. I know how much we worry about our babies... Keep us posted!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Oh Christine, I'm sorry to hear this about Banks. Have you noticed other clues that she may be in some discomfort/pain? like is she sleeping through the night or any changes in sleeping habits, how about eating her food? does she seem more withdrawn? Let us know how tomorrow's vet appt. goes. I am thinking of Banks and you.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Without a doubt if Banks was going to bite then she would have!

I agree, something is going on and I will pray Vets find it & fix it.

Christine, I'd crate her until then because she might bite if her pain
gets worse, poor Banksy, Cami & I send hugs and I'm praying until
you report back~GOD keep watch over all.
:angelhug:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Like others have said she may be in pain, or it could be her Thyroid out of whack, you might have your vet check it.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Aww:*( I hope it's just the pain meds that needs to be changed a little. It does sound like some kind of pain... Our girl Boeboe has hip dysplasia and she gets VERY moody just like that if she is in pain. She has never growled at us but if her fur friends comes even near her she lets them know they must not mess with her before her pain killers kicks in.

A friends dog got very aggressive from an ear infection so it can really be anything:confused: even something simple. Will be thinking of you guys, hope the vet visit goes well:heart:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She just walked up to me ... growled, showed her teeth and has her cockles up????? She will be in her crate tonight.

I am so at a loss

I'm so sorry to see this about Banks, how is she today?

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I am at a loss I have no idea so all I can do is send prayers and positive thoughts to your family you and poor Banksy!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.