URGENT!!! Red swollen thing on tip of Sherman's penis

Jonel

Jun 27, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sherman
Hi everyone. This morning I noticed a red very scary looking cyst thing on the tip of Sherman's penis. It is about the size of a macadamia nut. He seems to be feeling fine but this growth looks like it could be filled with blood. Any ideas? I made an appointment for later today but I am worried.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm sorry I don't have any experience with this, and don't know what it could be other than a cyst, but hopefully someone with experience will come along soon, to offer some advice. I just wanted to say I hope Sherman is okay, and it's nothing serious. These guys give us so much love and joy, but they give us such worries too. Sending love, hugs and prayers to you and Sherman. Feel better buddy. Maybe you could call the vet and ask what it could be?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wonder if he has a prolaspe urethea .... [MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION] - her Brutus had this maybe she can give some insight

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
That's what I was thinking to, a prolaspe urethea. Let us know what the vet said.

OP
Jonel

Jonel

Jun 27, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sherman
Prolapsed urethra it is....now to sort through all the options. Don't want to have to operate if not completely necessary.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Prolapsed urethra it is....now to sort through all the options. Don't want to have to operate if not completely necessary.

Oh gosh I'm sorry... I have no experience w/this at all. Sending prayers!!!

Dana F

Jul 30, 2013
Macon, Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
Wonder if he has a prolaspe urethea .... @ChanelnBrutus - her Brutus had this maybe she can give some insight

OMG..I didn't know what you were talking about so I looked it up. It showed pictures and I'll be damn Stinky has the same thing. I will be calling the vet first thing in the morning. I had noticed it before thought it was normal .. i haven't had much experience with male dogs. I feel bad for Stinky...does it hurt?

Last edited:

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Ugh... Keep us posted

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OMG..I didn't know what you were talking about so I looked it up. It showed pictures and I'll be damn Stinky has the same thing. I will be calling the vet first thing in the morning. I had noticed it before thought it was normal .. i haven't had much experience with male dogs. I will bad for Stinky...does it hurt?

I have no experience with it, but if you search on her Roe .. Chanelnbruts. She had posted info about Brutus going through all of it. I think it causes UTI and other pee pee issues.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Awe I hope he starts feeling better.

ansy0326

Apr 22, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Faith & Malachi
I'm sorry I don't have any experience with this, and don't know what it could be other than a cyst, but hopefully someone with experience will come along soon, to offer some advice. I just wanted to say I hope Sherman is okay, and it's nothing serious. These guys give us so much love and joy, but they give us such worries too. Sending love, hugs and prayers to you and Sherman. Feel better buddy. Maybe you could call the vet and ask what it could be?

Your dog has an erection follow the steps below and this should fix your problem.

The red balls you are seeing is normal, these are part of the dog's penis. You need to try to get his penis back into the skin. This is what you can do:

1- Apply cold compress on the penis for a couple of minutes.
2- Lubricate the opening of the skin with ky jelly or vaseline and try to pull the skin over the penis so the penis goes back inside.
3- If you are not able to get the penis back inside take him to the nearest ER veterinarian, this is an emergency. The opening of the prepuce may be cutting off the blood supply to the penis and could suffer irreversible damage. Make sure he does not lick the penis; keep the penis lubricated with vaseline or ky jelly.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.