Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Default This time I know Dozer Swallowed it

Hey guys, I need your help. Dozer and Blossom were playing on the living room floor all evening, I was on the couch, and the phone rang. I was talking to my friend, and Dozer jumped up to lay beside me. I saw he was chewing something, and realized it was the strap on my purse, so I told him no, and moved it away, and that's when I realized one of my Grandsons charcoal grey socks was missing. My couch is black leather, so the dark socks blended in, and I had forgotten about them. My grandson was here earlier in the evening, and took his socks off, and I know both socks were there, but now one is missing, so he must have swallowed it. I have read on here that some people have given their bullies hydrogen peroxide to swallow, to induce vomiting. How much do you give them?, Is this safe to do? Is it regular Hydrogen Peroxide from the drugstore? I don't want him getting sick in a few days from the sock. Any help or suggestions regarding the peroxide would be appreciated. I've never given anything like this to my dogs before, so am nervous to try it, but if it works, and is safe to do then I will try it.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: This time I know Dozer Swallowed it

Monica, I'm not sure so will let another answer, wanted to let you
    know I'm praying for safe & quick passage & sending love.

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Real Name
    Dana F
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
    Likes (Received)

When Rocky would eat a sock he would throw it up in a few days.I would call the vet in the morning and ask them what to do. I also have heard about the peroxide too. Don't know if I would do that with the vet telling me to.

Wrinkle Wiper Harleyleeotis12321's Avatar
    Real Name
    Leigh Anne
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harley Lee Otis Davidson Eckert
    Likes (Received)

1st I'm no expert.....2nd stay calm...and look for the other sock...call make sure mamma didn't take it home...call vet and get advice..24hr ER. Let us know, i have a feeling all will be ok.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Oh Monica, I'm so sorry... I have never done it before, but I know that people do it to induce vomiting. Hopefully you will get help soon!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Hi, I just called the 24 hr emergency vet hospital, and asked them about inducing vomiting with peroxide, they told me it can be used, but they don't recommend it for a sock, as it might cause him to choke on the sock when it came up. The lady told me its different if they vomit on their own, as opposed to being induced, because when they vomit on their own, they're getting rid of the object on their own. She told me he would more than likely pass it, which he did last year with another sock he had swallowed. She said to keep an eye on him, and watch for the signs of obstruction, vomiting, diarrhea, drooling, and being lethargic, and to bring him in if he shows any signs. I'm going to worry until I see that sock. He's running around right now, and playing, normal. I don't understand why he loves socks so much, it's his favourite thing to eat.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Real Name
    Tabatha
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lady Guinevere, Little Be
    Likes (Received)

My ex-husband once took a prescription out and set it down to grab his drink, our puppy, Kyla, was four months old and super fast... Needless to say she snagged that pill up in a second flat. We were so freaked out (our first puppy!) and we called poison control, they instructed us to give her a teaspoon of peroxide. She threw up within ten minutes. I don't know if I would induce vomiting without talking to the vet in this situation. Maybe you can just call an animal hospital to see if they recommend inducing vomiting? My thoughts are with you!

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Kathleen
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
    Likes (Received)

I hope everything "comes out" okay. Poor you...naughty Dozer, what's the deal with socks Bud!? Sometimes I wonder if they do this stuff to drive us crazy!! Best wishes!

Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them...
    Filling an emptiness we don't even know we have. -- Thom Jones

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

How's Dozer this morning? I swear he has turned into the SOCK monster!!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Oh dang Monica, I pray that Dozer is able to pass that. Definitely do not induce vomiting for a sock, imo, for reason the vet said, he could choke on it since it. Praying all will be ok!!
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

He's acting normal of course, eating, drinking, playing, but it usually takes a few days before he shows signs of being sick. Last time he swallowed a sock, he vomited first, then he had the diarrhea , and he was drooling, then as the day went on, he became very lethargic, so I took him to the vet, she did an X-ray and she gave him IV fluids, pain meds, and a laxative, at home we fed him a high fibre food that the vet gave us, and that night he was able to pass the sock. I called the emergency vet hospital last night, and they didn't recommend inducing vomiting, as it might cause him to choke on the sock. She told me that he more than likely will pass it, but watch him for signs of obstruction, and bring him in if he gets sick. I swear I should change his name to sock monkey.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Sheena
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy
    Likes (Received)

Hey! So Im seeing this too late. But with the peroxide its 2 teaspoons then if after 20 mins they havent puked its another 2. Well thats what it was when Daisy was little. (and you want to do this right after they swallow it) The whole thing with them not choking on it while they are puking is to get them to drink lots of water in the process. Both times we had to induce it worked out fine. Messy but fine. But this last time you guys know I didnt catch it in time so I just fed her lots of fiber. Metamucil, fiber bread, and vegetables. Hopefully that helps some Good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads