Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: This time I know Dozer Swallowed it

Ok don't panic, I just went through this with Brutus. He is terrible with eating socks and things like that. First it is a good thing it was your grandsons sock because it means it is small. It took Brutus approx. three days to pass his sock. I had to go outside and look through all his poops. Look up my "poop detective" thread, I took pictures of the evidence. Good luck.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    He's acting normal of course, eating, drinking, playing, but it usually takes a few days before he shows signs of being sick. Last time he swallowed a sock, he vomited first, then he had the diarrhea , and he was drooling, then as the day went on, he became very lethargic, so I took him to the vet, she did an X-ray and she gave him IV fluids, pain meds, and a laxative, at home we fed him a high fibre food that the vet gave us, and that night he was able to pass the sock. I called the emergency vet hospital last night, and they didn't recommend inducing vomiting, as it might cause him to choke on the sock. She told me that he more than likely will pass it, but watch him for signs of obstruction, and bring him in if he gets sick. I swear I should change his name to sock monkey.
    UGH!!! @brutus77 just wnet through this maybe a week ago... and someone else too -- it will pass, but as the vet said, keep a wacthful eye for any signs.

Hugs and prayers to you and the kiddies
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Oh man, I feel for ya. I went through this with Blue and a chicken bone.
    Can you give him that same high fiber food again?

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Hi everyone, it's been exactly a month since I posted that Dozer had swallowed a sock again. I knew he had because one of my Grandsons socks were missing after he was laying beside me on the couch. I tried to give him peroxide immediately after he had swallowed it, to induce vomiting, but he didn't vomit. I watched his poops for the next few days afterwards, and for about 2 weeks. He never once showed any signs of swallowing anything, no vomiting, no diarrhea, no drooling, he ate, drank, played and acted normal the whole time. This morning, my son was up at 5:30 am, and so he took Dozer and Blossom out, and when he brought them back in, he put them back in the crate because it was still too early. We usually get up at 6:00, take them out, and then feed them about 6:30 am. He put Dozer in the crate, and when he looked next, he saw that he had thrown up in the crate. When my son cleaned it up, he found the missing sweat sock. It took a month, but he finally got rid of it. I was expecting it to come out the other end, but am just glad he was able to throw it up, and get it out of his system without any problems. It still amazes me how they can swallow, and pass these things without choking, and without any problems. His was the 4th sock that Dozer has swallowed, 2 he vomited, and 2 he pooped out.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)

Wow that is amazing! The sock was in there for a whole month?

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Truly amazing! No more socks for Mr. Dozer.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Yup, he had that sock in his tummy for a whole month and spit it out this morning. I'm glad it came out through vomiting, I think it's easier for them than pooping out a sock. That can't be too comfortable. Lol. We keep our socks hidden, but he always seems to find my Grandsons socks, he takes them off as soon as he gets in the door after school, he loves being in his bare feet, I guess he gets that from his Grandma. I hate socks too. I try to either put them in his backpack, or put them up high, but I miss them sometimes, and Dozer is so quick. Hopefully no more socks.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads