HTX Bully

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
That's blood on her face. She likes to get her favorite chew toy in her mouth and shake her head vigorously! I think this is what started the bleeding yesterday and then it got worse.

Holly is acting normal, no signs of anything abnormal going on. Off to the vet :blah::hmm:and I'll report back later. Thanks for the help.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
That's blood on her face. She likes to get her favorite chew toy in her mouth and shake her head vigorously! I think this is what started the bleeding yesterday and then it got worse.

Holly is acting normal, no signs of anything abnormal going on. Off to the vet :blah::hmm:and I'll report back later. Thanks for the help.

:whew: Glad she is doing goddess otherwise.... Keep us posted.

OP
HTX Bully

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] Holly is acting normal and everything appears to be fine behavior wise. The vet said the spot on her ear is histiocytoma and this is common for younger dogs (Holly is 18 months). I pressed them to give me a more in depth answer but didn't really get one. They also said they sometimes have to remove these surgically but prefer not to as they would have to remove part of her ear. They sent us home with a tube of Panalog 7.5ml which is a "topical antibiotic/steroid" cream that we can rub of her bobo every 12 hrs until it disappears. If it doesn't disappear I assume they will want to remove it via surgery and take off part of her ear :(. May get a second opinion before we do something like that. A quick google suggests this will probably go away in month or two. So I guess we shall wait and see what happens. Thanks for the thoughts and concerns. :rundog::heartsign:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] Holly is acting normal and everything appears to be fine behavior wise. The vet said the spot on her ear is histiocytoma and this is common for younger dogs (Holly is 18 months). I pressed them to give me a more in depth answer but didn't really get one. They also said they sometimes have to remove these surgically but prefer not to as they would have to remove part of her ear. They sent us home with a tube of Panalog 7.5ml which is a "topical antibiotic/steroid" cream that we can rub of her bobo every 12 hrs until it disappears. If it doesn't disappear I assume they will want to remove it via surgery and take off part of her ear :(. May get a second opinion before we do something like that. A quick google suggests this will probably go away in month or two. So I guess we shall wait and see what happens. Thanks for the thoughts and concerns. :rundog::heartsign:

I cannot believe I didn't think of a hystiocytoma. That is exactly what it looks like, just a small version. We had one, it was much larger (at least 3x as big), and on the leg. It did seem to bother him when I touched it. It took a long time to go away, probably like 2 months, but it did on its own. I also used panalog or malacetic on it. I did not apply it as often so I would stick with the 2x a day and it may go away faster. I think it will likely since it will stay on better. One the leg they just liked to lick it off so I wasn't too keen on medicating that often.

Panalog is great stuff and it should really help.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
@Sherry Holly is acting normal and everything appears to be fine behavior wise. The vet said the spot on her ear is histiocytoma and this is common for younger dogs (Holly is 18 months). I pressed them to give me a more in depth answer but didn't really get one. They also said they sometimes have to remove these surgically but prefer not to as they would have to remove part of her ear. They sent us home with a tube of Panalog 7.5ml which is a "topical antibiotic/steroid" cream that we can rub of her bobo every 12 hrs until it disappears. If it doesn't disappear I assume they will want to remove it via surgery and take off part of her ear :(. May get a second opinion before we do something like that. A quick google suggests this will probably go away in month or two. So I guess we shall wait and see what happens. Thanks for the thoughts and concerns. :rundog::heartsign:

Griz had something like that, could've been that, but It kept growing and growing until I had them remove it. 010.jpg010.jpg006.jpg023.jpg this is an extreme case that happened quickly and was sent away for testing. negative

OP
HTX Bully

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
Ouche! That's some serious stitching!

Such a strange health issue. Will post an update in a few weeks.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ouche! That's some serious stitching!

Such a strange health issue. Will post an update in a few weeks.

I know............It was like a butcher horror movie. I cried my eyes out when I picked him up, couldn't believe it.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
we didn't know until it was biopsied, we didn't know if it was a tumor, it grew so fast and very suspicious, I wanted it off of him regardless, he was still a baby

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.