Cyst on her ear?

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
Picked up Holly from a new kennel on Sunday and noticed a spot on her ear. Is it a cyst?

Holly eats Fromms Beef Frittata and she gets plain Greek yogurt from time to time. The only change to her diet recently is some pineapple that we gave her a few times last week and we also got her Fromms Parmesan Cheese treats as well recently.

The only other change that I can think of is the new kennel gave her a bath with oatmeal shampoo. Please let me know any thoughts or concerns. :(:detective:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 171
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 156
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 174

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Haven't heard of Cysts on the ears but I would imagine that it is possible. It could also be a bug bit of some sorts.

Zoebug

Aug 25, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Moola , Gracie , Gabby and Lula Belle
I wouldn't let them use an oatmeal base shampoo In the future because it is a grain shampoo but I don't think that's where the spot came from. Looks like a bug bite or if he was around other dogs maybe from playing. I would use some antibiotic ointment on it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
An spots in other places or is that it? Is the spot dry or moist or like a pimple?
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] thoughts?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
It looks hot to the touch, is it? I was wondering too if there's other spots, only because it does look like alergy related. (hotspots) like the begining of something check the pits and between toes and belly and on top of the tail. keep me posted please, a mention or tag will get my attention

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It looks like a pimple to me, just clean it and watch it for a few days. Hope it get better.

OP
HTX Bully

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] It's dry, not hot to the touch and part of it feels so hard it's almost crusty! She will let me touch it but she'll eventually move her head as if it's bothering her when I do touch it. I cleaned it last night with a Douxo pad and I think that clearly irritated/stung her. She rubbed her ear on the floor afterwards.

About an hour after she ate tonight, Holly threw up her dinner :(. Going to take her to the vet tomorrow and see what they have to say.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@Sherry It's dry, not hot to the touch and part of it feels so hard it's almost crusty! She will let me touch it but she'll eventually move her head as if it's bothering her when I do touch it. I cleaned it last night with a Douxo pad and I think that clearly irritated/stung her. She rubbed her ear on the floor afterwards.

About an hour after she ate tonight, Holly threw up her dinner :(. Going to take her to the vet tomorrow and see what they have to say.

Hi, how did you make out at the vets? Is Holly doing any better?

OP
HTX Bully

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
The vet said the spot in the pics above is an ulcer that's on the outside. They recommended treating with neosporen. This just sounds weird but I have no knowledge to disagree...

She also has an ear infection and they gave us Simplicef 100 mg and EasOtic 10 ml (it's in a spray bottle) to treat that. Her ears look clear to us and she hasn't had an ear infection since we switched to grain free food.

Vet also gave us Atarax 50mg "as needed for scratching".

Holly puked her dinner again Friday night. We mixed some pepto in yogurt afterwards to try and settle her tummy. She is acting normal and we called the vet Saturday morning and they think she is just a little stressed. :(

Please let me know if anything sticks out to you. I feel so bad for her :(

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The vet said the spot in the pics above is an ulcer that's on the outside. They recommended treating with neosporen. This just sounds weird but I have no knowledge to disagree...

She also has an ear infection and they gave us Simplicef 100 mg and EasOtic 10 ml (it's in a spray bottle) to treat that. Her ears look clear to us and she hasn't had an ear infection since we switched to grain free food.

Vet also gave us Atarax 50mg "as needed for scratching".

Holly puked her dinner again Friday night. We mixed some pepto in yogurt afterwards to try and settle her tummy. She is acting normal and we called the vet Saturday morning and they think she is just a little stressed. :(

Please let me know if anything sticks out to you. I feel so bad for her :(

Do you think the medicine could contribute the upset belly?

OP
HTX Bully

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
Yes but she puked last Wednesday (before the meds) and this is not normal. Only happened once tho so we'll see how she does over the next few days. :thanks:

OP
HTX Bully

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
Hollys bobo on her ear is bleeding all over the place tonight. She also has a cherry eye tonight and she hasn't had one of those since we switched to grain free food. That was atleast 6 months ago. There's two recommended bully vets close to us so I'm thinking of going to see one of them instead of our regular vet.

Please let me know any thoughts or concerns. Does anyone think this is food related? She's on Fromms Beef Frittata, maybe she doesn't like the beef. Her poops are great and gas is better than it's ever been. Also, her bobo is hard as a rock...and bleeding......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 127
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 131

Benedict2013

Dec 25, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Benedict
Benedict had something similar on his chin, the vet said it was a papilloma or PV, they can spread from dog to dog or they can pick up the virus from smelling feces they bleed a lot he had his surgically removed with laser. The only thing that doesn't add up is that is in her ear any way had to put in my 2 cents.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hollys bobo on her ear is bleeding all over the place tonight. She also has a cherry eye tonight and she hasn't had one of those since we switched to grain free food. That was atleast 6 months ago. There's two recommended bully vets close to us so I'm thinking of going to see one of them instead of our regular vet.

Please let me know any thoughts or concerns. Does anyone think this is food related? She's on Fromms Beef Frittata, maybe she doesn't like the beef. Her poops are great and gas is better than it's ever been. Also, her bobo is hard as a rock...and bleeding......

HOLY CRAP!! is that just blood on her face from the lump or has it spread? How is she today?
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That looks very much like the thing that was growing on Molly's inner ear, he cut it off with a scalpel and lanced it because it definitely had blood flow in it! We sent it in to make sure it was nothing serious it was just a growth. He had a name for it but I don't remember but he said it's pretty common in dog ears. Now you could never even tell it was there and it did bother her a lot when she had it. So they must hurt because Molly is one tough nut.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.