Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cyst on her ear?

Real Name
    Helga
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Benedict
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Cyst on her ear?

Benedict had something similar on his chin, the vet said it was a papilloma or PV, they can spread from dog to dog or they can pick up the virus from smelling feces they bleed a lot he had his surgically removed with laser. The only thing that doesn't add up is that is in her ear any way had to put in my 2 cents.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by HTX Bully View Post
    Hollys bobo on her ear is bleeding all over the place tonight. She also has a cherry eye tonight and she hasn't had one of those since we switched to grain free food. That was atleast 6 months ago. There's two recommended bully vets close to us so I'm thinking of going to see one of them instead of our regular vet.

Please let me know any thoughts or concerns. Does anyone think this is food related? She's on Fromms Beef Frittata, maybe she doesn't like the beef. Her poops are great and gas is better than it's ever been. Also, her bobo is hard as a rock...and bleeding......

HOLY CRAP!! is that just blood on her face from the lump or has it spread? How is she today?
    @Sherry @desertskybulldogs
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

That looks very much like the thing that was growing on Molly's inner ear, he cut it off with a scalpel and lanced it because it definitely had blood flow in it! We sent it in to make sure it was nothing serious it was just a growth. He had a name for it but I don't remember but he said it's pretty common in dog ears. Now you could never even tell it was there and it did bother her a lot when she had it. So they must hurt because Molly is one tough nut.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog Walker Become a 4 Paw Member HTX Bully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Holly
    Likes (Received)

That's blood on her face. She likes to get her favorite chew toy in her mouth and shake her head vigorously! I think this is what started the bleeding yesterday and then it got worse.

Holly is acting normal, no signs of anything abnormal going on. Off to the vet and I'll report back later. Thanks for the help.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

That's blood on her face. She likes to get her favorite chew toy in her mouth and shake her head vigorously! I think this is what started the bleeding yesterday and then it got worse.

Holly is acting normal, no signs of anything abnormal going on. Off to the vet and I'll report back later. Thanks for the help.
    Glad she is doing goddess otherwise.... Keep us posted.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Hows she doing today?
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Real Name
    Kevin
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Holly
    Likes (Received)

@Sherry Holly is acting normal and everything appears to be fine behavior wise. The vet said the spot on her ear is histiocytoma and this is common for younger dogs (Holly is 18 months). I pressed them to give me a more in depth answer but didn't really get one. They also said they sometimes have to remove these surgically but prefer not to as they would have to remove part of her ear. They sent us home with a tube of Panalog 7.5ml which is a "topical antibiotic/steroid" cream that we can rub of her bobo every 12 hrs until it disappears. If it doesn't disappear I assume they will want to remove it via surgery and take off part of her ear . May get a second opinion before we do something like that. A quick google suggests this will probably go away in month or two. So I guess we shall wait and see what happens. Thanks for the thoughts and concerns.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@Sherry Holly is acting normal and everything appears to be fine behavior wise. The vet said the spot on her ear is histiocytoma and this is common for younger dogs (Holly is 18 months). I pressed them to give me a more in depth answer but didn't really get one. They also said they sometimes have to remove these surgically but prefer not to as they would have to remove part of her ear. They sent us home with a tube of Panalog 7.5ml which is a "topical antibiotic/steroid" cream that we can rub of her bobo every 12 hrs until it disappears. If it doesn't disappear I assume they will want to remove it via surgery and take off part of her ear . May get a second opinion before we do something like that. A quick google suggests this will probably go away in month or two. So I guess we shall wait and see what happens. Thanks for the thoughts and concerns.
    I cannot believe I didn't think of a hystiocytoma. That is exactly what it looks like, just a small version. We had one, it was much larger (at least 3x as big), and on the leg. It did seem to bother him when I touched it. It took a long time to go away, probably like 2 months, but it did on its own. I also used panalog or malacetic on it. I did not apply it as often so I would stick with the 2x a day and it may go away faster. I think it will likely since it will stay on better. One the leg they just liked to lick it off so I wasn't too keen on medicating that often.

Panalog is great stuff and it should really help.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Griz had something like that, could've been that, but It kept growing and growing until I had them remove it. -010-jpg-010-jpg-006-jpg-023-jpg this is an extreme case that happened quickly and was sent away for testing. negative

Real Name
    Kevin
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Holly
    Likes (Received)

Ouche! That's some serious stitching!

Such a strange health issue. Will post an update in a few weeks.

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Ouche! That's some serious stitching!

Such a strange health issue. Will post an update in a few weeks.

I know............It was like a butcher horror movie. I cried my eyes out when I picked him up, couldn't believe it.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    Griz had something like that, could've been that, but It kept growing and growing until I had them remove it. -010-jpg-010-jpg-006-jpg-023-jpg this is an extreme case that happened quickly and was sent away for testing. negative
    My God Sherry... That scar is HUGE, poor baby! What are those things cysts?!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads