Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
So glad to hear she is doing better!!!! The diet and exercise will definitely help. :) 2 cups of Blue Buffalo is quite a bit.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sorry for the long delay. Looks like she probably pulled or strained something in her back. She seems back to 100% after a few days of rest. Vet recommended that for 1 week she goes on no long walks and to keep her kenneled when I'm at work, so we'll stick to that short-term to be safe. Thanks for all the replies!

One thing I did find out though at the vet -- she's ballooned in weight. She was 58 pounds when I got her in February. She's up to 68 pounds now!! Jumping around with 17% extra weight definitely isn't going to work for her long-term, so the diet started this week.

I've been feeding her 2 cups of Blue Buffalo Wilderness per day for about 3 months, and I guess I'll have to dial it back a bit. I'm also going to double up on the lengths of our walks (which will help us BOTH a bit) and reweigh her in a month or so.

So happy she is doing better and you have a plan to help her down the road! Good luck and keep us posted

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online