Is this the reverse sneezing?? Sounds different..

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Stockton, California, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Ok so I've heard Zeus doing the reverse sneezing. The first time I heard him yes I got scared and then I realized what it was, but this sounds way different. Don't know if there something stuck in his nose or what. He's been doing it on his own for the past two hours on and off I have been trying to record it and he wasn't doing it. When I was trying to check his nose I realized that by making him stand it actually caused the episode.. And so as bad as I felt doing this to him I got it on video it's not a great video he was moving. I did not hurt him by holding him but I needed to get it on video. I need some peace of mind for tonight At least. I put him in his crate he hasn't done it for about 40mins or so. Any input is greatly appreciated..

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
He does sound stuffed up you are right. That maybe at the end sorta sounded like reverse sneezing but honestly it seemed to have way too much throat sound.... I think I would get him the vet just in case one of his nares collapsed or something. He really sounds plugged!

When my Yuna had an obstruction, she had boogers. She sounded stuffed up like that. Not slimey snot, I mean thick crusty boogies!! She was sneezing all day long. I mean one sneeze after another , it was exhausting to listen to I couldn't even imagine how she felt. They tested her for everything, they really thought it was valley fever, but very test came back neg.

Turns out the donut thingy that was made of rubber that was inside her intestines she was highly allergic too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Poor baby. I have no experience so I can't help, but we are sending good thoughts. Please keep us posted!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Gosh I really don't know what this either, I agree w/Lisa though he does sound stuffed up!!! Good luck & keep us posted...

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Let us know what the vet says

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Any update on Zeus?

OP
ZeusCsmommy

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Stockton, California, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
We took him to the vet the vet checked his nose. She said there was nothing wrong with his nose.. She said maybe something had gotten stuck or something was irritating him,, he seems better she said to keep an eye on him and bring him back if it happens again. He hasn't done it anymore but I'm watching him.. Doesn't sound stuffy no more

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We took him to the vet the vet checked his nose. She said there was nothing wrong with his nose.. She said maybe something had gotten stuck or something was irritating him,, he seems better she said to keep an eye on him and bring him back if it happens again. He hasn't done it anymore but I'm watching him.. Doesn't sound stuffy no more

That's great news! maybe it was a piece of grass or something, happy to hear he is ok.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Just notices this topic -glad its nothing serious xx sending hugs xx

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.