Help! Sick bulldog

Mamaz02

Jun 5, 2013
Country
Hawthorne, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mago and Max
Help! My bulldog is sick. On Friday he was acting normal and ate his food right away as he normally would, no abnormal behavior was noticed. The following day on Saturday when I went to go feed him he was acting very weak, didn't want to get up or eat his food. I got him to walk around and drink some water but then I noticed him throwing up. Today I went to check on him and his food bowl is still full and he is still very weak and throwing up. Is there anything I can do at home for him? What could be the problem? He has never acted this way before and is always very energized and eats his food right away.
Please help!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
he could have a blockage if he is not eating and throwing up.... see if you have an ER vet near you

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Agree w/Christine, take him to Vet, let us know.

Hopefully a virus or something but could be blockage or even
some other serious thing. Prayers for y'all & GOD bless!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh I agree w/Christine... sounds like a blockage to me as well!!! Please keep us posted!!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Could be a bug or blockage, either way, he needs to be seen by a vet ASAP.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, my male Bulldozer has swallowed socks twice, and both time he had the same symptoms as what your describing in Mago. He was vomiting, diarrhea , lethargic, and no appetite. He ended up nearly needing surgery, but was able to pass them after a few days with some high fibre dog food. Keep an eye on him, and if he doesn't improve I would take him to the vet. If he did accidentally swallow something you don't know about, it could take a few days to a week before he passes it. You have to become a poop CSI agent.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
​Also checking on y'all, praying for him still, GOD bless!

OP
Mamaz02

Mamaz02

Jun 5, 2013
Country
Hawthorne, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mago and Max
Not a good day for the family. We were able to get him activated charcoal for his condition, but he didn't make it through :(.... Our first bulldog was stolen and now this happened, we may not get another bully for a long time. My daughters are really upset, they still look for our first bully and ask about him all the time. Praying for healing right now. Thank you for checking up.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh gosh... I'm so very sorry to hear about your baby :cry:Sending prayers to you and your family!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm so, so sorry for your loss. You have been through so much with your bullies. My heart breaks for you and your family.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Oh no. I am so very sorry. Please accept my prayers and condolences on the loss of your baby. I am heartbroken for you.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.