Salmon allergy and salmon oil

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
I think curly might have a salmon allergy - he started sneak eating our older dogs food which is salmon based and he started licking his paws a lot.

Due to the sneaky eating of the older dogs food we are in the process if switching from Blue wilderness to fromms pork and peas but I noticed there is Salmon oil in it.

Anyone know if a dog with salmon allergies will flare up by eating salmon oil?

Also, a bit off topic but did anyone notice more tear stains during the teething phase? We are doing everything we can for these tear stains but nothing seems to be working. We have even tried to reduced cleaning. Our vet said that we should keep the wrinkles clean and if the staining persists after teething then to start focusing more on them but the cause could be him teething. any input here? He's 16 wks tomorrow.

Thanks all!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks is sensitive to salmon oil... she is on Pork n Peas without issue

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We use Duoxo pads and have no tear stains. I didn't know Fromms pork & peas has salmon oil in it.

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] thanks for the input! We are just starting the transition so we'll see in the next couple of week! I just have a feeling he's allergic to salmon because that was the only change - and we love in Cali so there hasn't been to much of a weather change.
[MENTION=6717]pdolphin27[/MENTION] we have tried just baby wipes then dry off, baby wipes - dry off -duoxo pads - witch hazel. ACV in the water. And then we've tried just leaving him alone and cleaning 2-3x a week. We tried both filtered and bottled water (he has a red "beard" too) [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] mentioned trying food without white potato which is the other reason for the switch to Fromm.

His eyes though are never watery so I don't know how he's getting these stains lol. He is def teething though so maybe it's happening while he is chewing on his toys.

harvey

Sep 6, 2013
Reno, Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey and Tommy
You can remove tear stains by cleaning folds daily, but the most important thing we did was filter our dogs' water!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@2BullyMama thanks for the input! We are just starting the transition so we'll see in the next couple of week! I just have a feeling he's allergic to salmon because that was the only change - and we love in Cali so there hasn't been to much of a weather change.
@pdolphin27 we have tried just baby wipes then dry off, baby wipes - dry off -duoxo pads - witch hazel. ACV in the water. And then we've tried just leaving him alone and cleaning 2-3x a week. We tried both filtered and bottled water (he has a red "beard" too) @2BullyMama mentioned trying food without white potato which is the other reason for the switch to Fromm.

His eyes though are never watery so I don't know how he's getting these stains lol. He is def teething though so maybe it's happening while he is chewing on his toys.

Wow! Youve been thru alot of different things. I hope the Fromms works out for you, I know what a pain allergies are and once ypu find the right food its a giant victory!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@2BullyMama thanks for the input! We are just starting the transition so we'll see in the next couple of week! I just have a feeling he's allergic to salmon because that was the only change - and we love in Cali so there hasn't been to much of a weather change.
@pdolphin27 we have tried just baby wipes then dry off, baby wipes - dry off -duoxo pads - witch hazel. ACV in the water. And then we've tried just leaving him alone and cleaning 2-3x a week. We tried both filtered and bottled water (he has a red "beard" too) @2BullyMama mentioned trying food without white potato which is the other reason for the switch to Fromm.

@pdolphin27 the salmon oil is the 12th ingredient, so I'm thinking that may be why it does not impact Banks

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Right food and one they like to eat...its been so hit and miss with us. Sheldon would like the food but have a reaction to it, hate the food but have no reaction....its a whirlwind of trying to figure out the right this and the wrong that.

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
My fingers and Curlys paws are crossed that this will be the right food for him and it clears everything up including the tear stains! If not we will try the beef frittata (sp) everyone else raves about. If those don't work this mama will be cooking food for him haha. ;)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.