Activyl plus tick

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Day 2 post application :) applied it Tuesday it's now Thursday (technically Friday morning lol) n the "slick" spots r still visible which the vet warned me they last longer than advantage or frontline!! Combed her out last night got maybe 3 fleas n they all seemed lost n dazed!!! Tonight I actually watched a flea bite her n literally start walking up her belly n die :) he was the only one I saw!!! From my understanding activyls active compound indoxacarb is a marketed insecticide that is safe for animals bcuz it is only harmful to insects that can convert indoxacarb into IN-JT333/DCJW which is basically a neurotoxin for insects!!!! Sounds scary but so far I haven't had an issue!! She's been kinda itchy (side effect in 10% of dogs) but I examine the site twice a day n haven't noticed any excoriation or hair loss!!! Well just wanted to jot some stuff down for anyone looking for info on it :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wow.... i thought i was reading a sceince report.....:blink:

:giggle:

good luck... osunds like it it working for her

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Wow.... i thought i was reading a sceince report.....:blink:

:giggle:

good luck... osunds like it it working for her

Haha I know it is kinda cool to read how it works tho n it's important to know its safe for humans bcuz the greasy spot stays for some time!! I combed her again today n not a thing no flea dirt no fleas :) just a pretty brushed puppy

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
where did you get this we are having the worst time with fleas and have tried just about everything...

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
where did you get this we are having the worst time with fleas and have tried just about everything...

It's rx only right now so u have to get it from ur vet but it really does work well n I believe it's cheaper than frontline n advantix :)

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
I saw it on 1800 pet meds, i don't think it showed it needed a prescrip, but it was six months for 80 something

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
I saw it on 1800 pet meds, i don't think it showed it needed a prescrip, but it was six months for 80 something

Ohhhhhh :) maybe my vet said that so I'd buy it thru them lol idk but it is really good so far either way totally worth it (I should be a spokeswoman lol)

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
It could have still needed a prescrip not sure, but i think i'll head to the vets and just get a month or two to try since our luck with everything else hasn't been good!!

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
This is great to know!

She's almost due for her second dose n still not a single flea the only thing I did not like was the "slick" spot was there for almost a week and a 1/2!!! That n I need some for me bcuz I've found 3 ticks on me since I treated her just crawling on me not attached but still ewwwwww ugh the downfall of living in the woods :) good thing we got the lymes vaccine for our princess

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
She's almost due for her second dose n still not a single flea the only thing I did not like was the "slick" spot was there for almost a week and a 1/2!!! That n I need some for me bcuz I've found 3 ticks on me since I treated her just crawling on me not attached but still ewwwwww ugh the downfall of living in the woods :) good thing we got the lymes vaccine for our princess

Oooh thats great for Porky... Not so great for you though... lol Hopefully it stays working good:)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.