Sign of Allergies?

TysonsMom

Nov 29, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson and Daisy
When I brought Tyson home a little over a week ago, he developed a rash on his belly and his eyes would get really, really red as the day would go on. The vet gave me an antihistamine and his belly rash is all better, but his eyes still get pretty red (it seems one moreso than then other.) Is this a sign of a different allergy than the one that caused his belly rash?

I am also transitioning him off of Science Diet to Orijen (thank you all for the great food advice.) Would it take a few weeks to see if it was a food allergy and if Orijen clears it up? I will be starting him with 3/4 Orijen tomorrow.

Thanks!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes it can vary, sometimes overnight you will notice a change but generally it takes a couple of weeks- of being on it 100% with no yucky treats either! :D Keep an eye on the eyes. Swelling from allergies causes the hairs to tickle the eyeball- otherwise it could be entropion.

OP
TysonsMom

TysonsMom

Nov 29, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson and Daisy
Thanks so much Lisa - and have to say again, this board is amazing! :up: The response time makes me feel like all I have to do is blink and I will get an answer. So far it doesn't seem to be itching or bothering him, so hopefully it will clear up soon.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.