Prozac

BullyLove143

Jan 9, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Douglas
My dog was recently put on Prozac. He's on phenobarbital and potassium bromide. They are anti-convulsion drugs for seizures. Any who, the neurologist swear his issues, which are fly snapping, are a behavioral issue and may be treated with an anxiety med. It seems to be working.. Crazy... Has anyone else who's dog fly bites, been told to try Prozac rather than seizure medication?

Sent from Stephanie and Dougie

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
My dog was recently put on Prozac. He's on phenobarbital and potassium bromide. They are anti-convulsion drugs for seizures. Any who, the neurologist swear his issues, which are fly snapping, are a behavioral issue and may be treated with an anxiety med. It seems to be working.. Crazy... Has anyone else who's dog fly bites, been told to try Prozac rather than seizure medication?

Hmmm no my finances on it tho does he count sometimes he acts like a dog :D hehe sry I'm no help but I couldn't resist!!

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
No never heard of dog on Prozac -hubby was in it for ptsd panic attacks and a bit of paranoia -but it made him worse
It be interesting to hear more on this subject tho

Last edited:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have NO advice to give on this subject, but I will tag some people dealing w/seizures... [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] [MENTION=9403]Lokismom[/MENTION]

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION] - her Brutus was fly bitting, don't think he is on meds. Can you get video up for some to view?

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Interesting Loki has full blown seizures so I am not very familiar with the random fly biting action. His seizures would cause him to foam at the mouth causing a lot snapping motions but I have never seen the snapping motions alone. I am curious to see a video as well. I know that may be a hard request once Loki made it a few weeks seizure free I deleted the videos from my phone as I didn't want the reminder.

Last edited:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I know that if they determine it's a behavior issue....then fluoxetine (Prozac) is the drug of choice. Vegas is on phenol, Kbr and zonisamide. All seizure meds.

OP
BullyLove143

BullyLove143

Jan 9, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Douglas
Interesting Loki has full blown seizures so I am not very familiar with the random fly biting action. His seizures would cause him to foam at the mouth causing a lot snapping motions but I have never seen the snapping motions alone. I am curious to see a video as well. I know that may be a hard request once Loki made it a few weeks seizure free I deleted the videos from my phone as I didn't want the reminder.

I'd love to share his video but I can't seem to upload it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.