Bubba not feeling well. :(

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Bubba, typically, has not been one to throw up or have ANY episodes of diarrhea. He was fine last night..went for a 40 min walk with the other 2 dogs. Around 6:30 this morning, threw up (yellow bile) 3 times. Wanted to go out..because he wanted to eat grass..so I let him. I made the stupid mistake of feeding him 1/2 his regular breakfast. He threw up 3 times. Since then he has thrown up another 6 times. Not giving him anything to eat tonight. He went out when I got home and had a little diarrhea. He still walks around but is not playful and lays around a lot. Not sure what to do. Do I take him to the emergency vet, or see how he is in the morning?
I know this is a long shot and probably a coincidence but.. about 2 months ago, I started giving my dogs Animal essentials brand probiotics with plant enzymes, although bubba and 1 of my others, not cosistently. One of the others, Dewey, it seemed everytime I gave it to him his stomach would make the loudest sounds I have ever heard! I mean you could hear it in the next room, and then he would get sick. The littliest one, Daisy, has had more episodes of vomiting also. In the last few days I have been more consistent with giving bubba the probiotics (1/2 teaspoon a day). I am starting to wonder if something is wrong with my bottle? I stopped giving Dewey the probiotics a few days ago and has not had any loud stomach sounds or vomiting since then. I am thinking that something is wrong with this bottle of probiotics! Nothing else has changed in their diet and these dogs have never been sick like they have been in the last couple of months! I wonder how I can get it tested? what do you guys think? Am I crazy? Well, I may be crazy anyway, but about this? lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yikes... I would definitely stop the probiotic and maybe do bland diet for a few days to get them all settled down. Poor babies. Only thing you could do is call the manufacture and tell them what is going on... See what they have to say

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
You are probably intuiting the culprit. If nothing else has changed [ diet, treats and etc] then the probiotic could likely be the problem.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Bingo, I think you found the problem. Hope Bubba get to feeling better tomorrow.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I was going to ask if he maybe could have eaten something he shouldn't of, but since your other dogs are also showing similar symptoms, and have been sick while taking the probiotics, then it's more than likely what's causing the stomach problems. I agree with others to stop the probiotics, and give a bland diet for a few days, and see if there is an improvement. I hope Bubba feels better soon. Sending love, hugs and kisses that it's nothing serious and he improves. Please keep us posted on how he's doing.

OP
bubbaisapig

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Thanks Everyone!! That brand of probiotics had such good reviews! Could be a bad batch I guess. I will contact company but I'm guessing they will deny it's there product, of course...will do it anyway. Bubba hasn't had any issues, except lethargy, for the past few hours so I pray he will be ok. Thanks again guys. And I thought I was doing right by my puppies! I hate that I possibly caused them harm! Damn it

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I so hate bringing this up and adding to your worry but keep an
eye on Bubba just in case he may have have an obstruction.

Most likely not since your other dogs are ill just hate if he swallowed
an object at same time frame. Praying over all, Hun...GOD bless!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Excellent advice above, but if it continues even after you stop I would certainly get him to the vet .

Sure hope Bubba feels better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Poor Bubba..great advice from everyone, just offering my support! Feel better Bubba!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.