URGENT!!! cherry eye surgery

rwsgurl

Oct 23, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus (BO)
i have a 6 mo old male bully (Bocephus "BO") and he has developed a cherry eye. the vet where i purchased him in hattiesburg, ms has told me NOT to let the vet here in vicksburg (where i live) cut out the cherry eye. the fee in hattiesburg is upwards to $900.00 which is a slit/tuck repair. needless to say the fee in vicksburg is upwards of $150.00.

i noticed where a lot of you have had this procedure......did you do the tuck repair......complete removal.........? the vet wants to do this tomorrow.

HELP! I'm really nervous and not sure what to do.

Last edited:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
We did a tuck. Don't believe most vets do removals anymore unless you request it.

Thing is, if you remove it instead of tucking, there's a higher chance your pup will develop dry eye. He may develop it even with a tuck (and some that never had cherry eye get dry eye too), but the chances are slimmer.

TomVan

Jun 5, 2013
Missouri
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey & Zoey
Our vet did the nip and tuck. And we are pretty happy with the results, getting better all the time.

Brelalonde

Oct 16, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley/bailee
My vet did the nip and tuck with bentley in both eyes . Everything went well but now has dry eye in one eye !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sometimes it really depends of the severity of the cherry. If it's very large the vet may opt to cut some or all of it out. It really depends as each case is different.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online