Help Needed! Upset stomach/possibly Smegma

Owens

Jun 16, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
So I have a bull dog now who is around five months old and so far I've never had any health issues of any kind,but today on two separate occasions he has went number 2 in the house and needless to say it was anything but solid.there has been no change in food or any daily routine and to the best of my knowledge he hasn't gotten into anything that would upset his stomach,

And another thing which I noticed today he had a greenish/yellow discharge coming from his penis,just from google it seems like it might be Smegma but I didn't know if the diarrhea and this might be connected any help would be greatly appreciated and if he's not better in a couple days ill probably be making a trip to the vet

Tkelley

Oct 15, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Guinevere, Little Be
I wish I had some advice for you. I just wanted to say I hope your baby feels better quickly!

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Bogey had ALOT of smegma, especially after he was neutered! My vet said that was very normal. He is a year old now, and we still see a little on occasion. The diarrhea most likely is unrelated. Although there has been no diet change, these fur balls can pick up bacteria anywhere! If it continues, I would bring a sample to the vets to have them look for bacteria, or parasites. Bogey has had 6 bacterial infections since we got him. We did start him on probiotics, and stopped going to the doggie parks in the warm weather- they are a haven for bacteria. Keep your pup away from puddles, rain water, or eating junk outside. Good luck!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Winston has had the smegma too, it's pretty normal. I agree w/the comments above... you may want to take the stool sample to the vets to make sure there isn't something bacterial going on. Little guys can get dehydrated so quickly, better safe than sorry... Zeus is adorable :D Good luck & keep us posted!!!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I don't know if smegma is the technical name for it but Brutus had yellowish/greenish discharge from his pee pee also and the vet said it was normal that it isn't actually coming from inside, it is from the sheath of his penis. He is now 11 mos and I haven't noticed it lately.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Bogey had ALOT of smegma, especially after he was neutered! My vet said that was very normal. He is a year old now, and we still see a little on occasion. The diarrhea most likely is unrelated. Although there has been no diet change, these fur balls can pick up bacteria anywhere! If it continues, I would bring a sample to the vets to have them look for bacteria, or parasites. Bogey has had 6 bacterial infections since we got him. We did start him on probiotics, and stopped going to the doggie parks in the warm weather- they are a haven for bacteria. Keep your pup away from puddles, rain water, or eating junk outside. Good luck!

[MENTION=9134]Owens[/MENTION] ... ^^^^ agreed.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
As long as the discharge is small, it's normal. The stomach, like others have said, he probably picked up something and hopefully it will be gone in a day or so. If it's still bad this evening, I would take him to the vet.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.