URGENT!!! Surgery for Cherry eye and maybe neuter Tomorrow...so nervous!!

kristier25

Dec 25, 2012
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Bentley
So Tank has cherry eye since he was almost a year old. He is now 15 months and I have built up my nerve to have it done. I am so nervous and scared for him. I trust my vet completely but I just do not know what I would do if something happened to him. I don't know what his buddy, Bentley would do if he didn't come home. He is also suppose to get neutered but I think I am going to not have it done. After reading how much they are in pain after they have the surgery done for cherry eye, I don't think he should be in double the pain.:( But I know it is best to limit the number of times they have to be put under. I am so confused:confused:...Well I have until between 730 and 800 tomorrow morning to decide. Keep us in your prayers.

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
I would do them both at once. As you mentioned the less times they are under is better. I hope that everything goes smoothly lots of love and prayers coming your way. Please keep us posted!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
So Tank has cherry eye since he was almost a year old. He is now 15 months and I have built up my nerve to have it done. I am so nervous and scared for him. I trust my vet completely but I just do not know what I would do if something happened to him. I don't know what his buddy, Bentley would do if he didn't come home. He is also suppose to get neutered but I think I am going to not have it done. After reading how much they are in pain after they have the surgery done for cherry eye, I don't think he should be in double the pain.:( But I know it is best to limit the number of times they have to be put under. I am so confused:confused:...Well I have until between 730 and 800 tomorrow morning to decide. Keep us in your prayers.

Big hugs!!! If you are without a doubt planning on getting him neutered, then I would choose to do it at the same time, less risk putting them under twice. Believe it or not he should only be in pain for just a couple of days, if even that long. We had both done once and he was completely bounced back within a day. Please give him loves from all of us here and let us know how he is. :hug:

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Good luck , it all going to look great xxx

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have no experience w/having either of these done... just sending you a big hug & prayers!!! Keep us posted!!! :hug:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I would do both at the same time. The recovery for a neuter is easy so you can concentrate on his eyes. Just be aware that it will look very swollen for a few days. It will get better, and his eyes will be beautiful. Good luck.

OP
kristier25

kristier25

Dec 25, 2012
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Bentley
Thanks for the support. It was hard to leave him this morning. Decided to only do cherry eye and hope it was best decision. Anxious to hear from vet.
Bentley was devastated this morning to be by hisself. He was whining. Hated to leave him that way. They are so use to being together all the time. Tank may get on his nerves sometimes but they are buds. Keep y'all posted on how he does.

triplej

Sep 22, 2013
Ky. Near Natural Bridge state park.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullett, Salley, Kelsey and Kate
I have had Cherry eye surgery on three of my bullies all joy on two but one got dry eye and must have drops from now on.
Still better than the cherry eye.

OP
kristier25

kristier25

Dec 25, 2012
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Bentley
So Tank ended up spending the night. They did his surgery in the afternoon. Doctor said he did fine. I'm going to pick him up this afternoon. His buddy Bentley missed him last night. He tried to sleep in my bed.

aryquqa5.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So Tank ended up spending the night. They did his surgery in the afternoon. Doctor said he did fine. I'm going to pick him up this afternoon. His buddy Bentley missed him last night. He tried to sleep in my bed.

aryquqa5.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free

Great picture... so glad all went well. Thanks for the update

luvmybully

May 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
Awwwwh great pic! So glad surgery went well, lots of fur hugs !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

OP
kristier25

kristier25

Dec 25, 2012
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Bentley
Thanks..that is my team and my home state.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
​Wonderful to hear surgery went well, Cami & I send hugs n kisses!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online